View Single Post
Old 06-05-2014, 10:54 AM   #8
bluidkiti
Administrator

June 8

For the Spirit of Prayer

Almighty God, who pours out the spirit of grace and of supplication to all who ask for it; Deliver me, when I draw near to you, from coldness of heart and wanderings of mind, so that with steadfast thoughts and kindled affections, I may worship You in spirit and in truth; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

Prayer for the Gifts of the Holy Spirit

Christ Jesus, before ascending into heaven, You promised to send the Holy Spirit to Your apostles and disciples.

Grant that the same Spirit may perfect in my life the work of Your grace and love.

Grant me the Spirit of Fear of the Lord that I may be filled with a loving reverence toward You.

the Spirit of Piety that I may find peace and fulfillment in serving You, while serving others;

the Spirit of Fortitude that I may bear my cross with You and, with courage, overcome the obstacles that interfere with my salvation;

the Spirit of Knowledge that I may know You and know myself, and thus grow in holiness;

the Spirit of Understanding to enlighten my mind with the light of Your truth;

the Spirit of Counsel that I may choose the surest way of doing Your will, seeking first the Kingdom;

Grant me the Spirit of Wisdom that I may aspire to the things that last forever;

Teach me to be Your faithful disciple. Animate me with Your Spirit in every aspect of my life, today and throughout the week to come. Amen.

Meditation

[Animate your Spirit in every aspect of my life.]

Now, oh Lord, I pray that you may lift up the light of your countenance upon me, and give me peace; in my going out and in my coming in; in my sitting down and my rising up; in my work and in my play; in my joy and in my sorrow, in my laughter and in my tears; until that day comes which is without dawn and without dark. Amen.

Father, I approach the throne of grace with joyful confidence. The joy of the Lord is my strength! Lord, you are my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower. Thank you for filling me with strength and protecting me wherever I go. I stagger not at the promise of God through unbelief; but I am strong in faith, giving glory to God—strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Jesus is Lord over my spirit, soul and body. Amen

Lord God, I pray for a desire to work. May I not be deceived in my convictions, and work for that of which I may afterward be ashamed. Lead me into a clear conception of right and wrong. Help me to see as thou dost see, that I may walk with confidence in thy steps. Amen.

Dear heavenly Father, I am so thankful that we can run to You and find safety. Lord, there are so many things we face in this world that are dangerous, it is good to know that You are like a "high tower of safety." Thank you, for watching over me and my family and my friends. I also pray for the whole family of God and ask that You watch over each one of Your own. Guide us, Your people, in the right ways. Keep us from harm and temptation. Thank you also for the privilege of using the mighty name of Jesus, at which the enemy flees. May we all realize the power that we can have through the Holy Spirit, and grant us the faith to use it. I ask this in the name of Jesus. Amen.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: