View Single Post
Old 06-03-2014, 10:55 AM   #5
bluidkiti
Administrator

June 5

An Old American Prayer for the Work Day

Almighty God, thank Thee for the job of this day. May I find gladness in all its toil and difficulty, its pleasure and success, and even in its failure and sorrow. I would look always away from myself, and behold the glory and the need of the world, that I may have the will and the strength to bring the gift of gladness to others; that with them I stand to bear the burden and heat of the day and offer Thee the praise of work well done. Amen.

~ Bishop Charles Lewis Slattery, 1903

Meditation

[I give thanks for the work I must do today.]

Now God himself and our Father, and our Lord Jesus Christ, I pray that you direct my way unto you, and make me and all of us to increase and abound in love one toward another, and toward all men, even as we do toward you; to the end that we may establish our hearts unblameable in holiness before you, at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ with all his saints. Amen.

Dear Father in heaven, we thank you that you are so near us and that we may be near you. We thank you that throughout our days we may be people who listen to you with all our hearts and minds, a listening people who can receive what is good and true for our lives and who can witness to the power you give us through the Savior. Protect us in all things. Look into our hearts and into the situation of each one of us, where many things are still faulty and unclear. Deliver us from evil, for the kingdom shall be yours. From you the power shall come. Your glory shall radiate from our lives, and men shall praise and thank you forevermore. Amen.

Dear heavenly Father, thank you for Your wonderful gift of the Holy Spirit. When You baptized me in the Holy Ghost, You gave me a gift of boldness to witness and a desire to pray more. I also appreciate the power the Holy Spirit that enables me to resist sin and temptation. Lord, without You and Your Holy Spirit, I would be overcome by the enemy. With Your Spirit, I am able to resist the devil and cause him to flee. I also appreciate the freedom to worship You by praying in the Spirit. Through Your gift of the Spirit, You have also revealed more of the Bible to me. Lord, fill us all daily with Your love and Your Holy Spirit. Thank you for Your grace and mercy in my life, and the lives of those I pray for. We need You, Lord. Use us as Your servants and help us to be open to receive all You have for us. I ask this in the name of Jesus. Amen.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: