View Single Post
Old 02-06-2023, 10:53 AM   #6
bluidkiti
Administrator

February 6

Practice of the day-
BB pg 93-
Ch 7- Working With Others:
When dealing with such a person, you had better use everyday language to describe spiritual principles. There is no use arousing any prejudice he may have against certain theological terms and conceptions about which he may already be confused. Don’t raise such issues, no matter what your own convictions are.

-Tom- The AA practice of me developing my own conception of my Higher Power and being willing to believe in that Power, was and is the cornerstone of my sobriety. You don’t get to tell me who my God is, I get to tell you who my God is.
My sponsor taught me that AA is in the business of saving lives. Once our lives are saved from alcoholic death, then it’s up to me to choose how My Soul is saved. There are places for each, do not be confused. Keep it simple and practical.
I was taught to not talk about steps in church and don’t talk about church in AA. That just makes common sense doesn’t it? I had to learn to Be where I was and enjoy what was being offered where ever I was and if I didn’t like it to leave. Simple.
I pray that today I remember where I can find God; Within me, in the Now, where ever I am
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote