View Single Post
Old 09-27-2013, 11:19 AM   #6
bluidkiti
Administrator

Character Building Part 06 - Remembering to Respect

by Gail Rodgers
As we look around the globe we see a decline in respect. Children don’t esteem their parents as they once did. Adults often don’t respect laws. Spouses often cease to value and respect their mate. It is important to continue to grow in how we regard others. It is wise to stop and ask, “Am I growing or eroding in who I am becoming?”

A wise woman grows in being respectful…
A woman who is respectful listens attentively. She esteems others whether they are stronger or weaker than her. She refrains from violating people or things in any way. She handles her affairs with honesty and seeks to be gentle in her dealings with people. She is polite and thoughtful and displays integrity and humility.
A respectful woman values life and does all she can to hold it in high regard. She knows her heart is the wellspring of her life and that she needs Jesus’ help to be respectful. She tends the soil of her heart, carefully choosing what seeds will grow there.
“Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life.” Prov. 4:23
To grow in becoming a respectful woman, ask God to help you tend your heart wisely. Be aware of the seeds you allow to take root. Ask God for wisdom in how to refrain from infringing on the rights and freedoms of others.
prayer & reflection

Father God,
I want to be a respected woman and I need Your help to be more respectful to others. Help me to guard my heart from the seeds of self- pride and superiority. Help me to be aware of times when I infringe on others rights and freedoms and try to control people and situations. Teach me to grow in the simple everyday ways of thoughtfulness and integrity. Help me to hold life in high regard all around me. Father, I need to tend the seeds of my heart in order to treat others the way You would have me. Fill me with Your Spirit so that I may honor You in all my dealings with others.
In Jesus’ name, amen.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: