View Single Post
Old 01-01-2014, 09:26 AM   #2
bluidkiti
Administrator

January 2

GUILT vs. PEACE OF MIND

"To all perfection I see a limit, but your commands are boundless." Psalm 119:96

"We are not saints." Alcoholics Anonymous, page 60

For what it's worth: Alcoholism transformed me into a hypocritical devil, certainly not a saint. When I tried to act holy, I fooled no one except myself. Early in Alcoholics Anonymous, I was relieved when I heard "we are not saints", but it appeared the Steps were trying to make me one, and I resisted far too long. Even today, after years in sobriety, living the Twelve Steps as best I am able, I have to ask my Heavenly Father what he expects, because there are many days I am fully aware perfection is impossible for me, yet, it seems His "commands are boundless" that day. My guilt easily kicks in and severely damages my peace of mind. It is at those times I am so grateful for my Heavenly Father's unconditional love, because He whispers to me that He needs to talk with me. When I listen and sit down with Him, He reminds me I am only human and He loves me just as I am. Slowly, peace returns.

God bless you.
Joe W.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: