View Single Post
Old 01-03-2014, 07:42 AM   #4
bluidkiti
Administrator

January 4

AN EDGE

"...There is more joy in heaven over one lost sinner who repents and returns to God than over ninety-nine others who are righteous and haven’t strayed away!" Luke 15:7 (NLT)

"If we are sorry for what we have done, and have the honest desire to let God take us to better things, we believe we will be forgiven and will have learned our lesson." Alcoholics Anonymous, page 70

For what it's worth: I had no edge when I was drinking. After being sober in Alcoholics Anonymous, I was given an edge. The longer I was sober the more I became sorry for my past, and as I lived the Steps of Alcoholics Anonymous, I developed a desire to turn my will and my life over to God. With sober time, I certainly learned my lesson, and I slowly trusted God had forgiven me. I came to believe my Heavenly Father loved me just as the miserable drunk I was, and treated me like the Prodigal Son, holding me close and rejoicing in my coming home to Him. Now I had an underserved and freely given edge.

God bless you.
Joe W.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: