View Single Post
Old 01-06-2014, 07:26 AM   #7
bluidkiti
Administrator

January 7

WHAT OTHERS SEE

"Be diligent in these matters (speech, conduct, love, faith and purity); give yourself wholly to them, so that everyone may see your progress."

"We claim spiritual progress rather than spiritual perfection." Alcoholics Anonymous, page 60

For what it's worth: Practicing anything like spiritual principles meant nothing when I was drinking. Only after years of sobriety in Alcoholics Anonymous did virtue become important, not to be saintly, but to survive. I did not realize it at first, but God had given me a proven way to spiritual progress, the Twelve Steps. Being the immoral, worthless drunk I was, I was deeply grateful when I begin to realize practicing these Steps made it inevitable I would grow spiritually. Progress was possible, but not perfection. Still today, no matter how hard I try, I often go to my Heavenly Father and beg his patience and forgiveness. I am in no way saintly, so it is vital to me that my Heavenly Father loves me just as I am, imperfect, but doing my best to rid myself of defects and gain virtue. This is impossible without my Heavenly Father's merciful grace. Any diligence developed in moral matters is my Heavenly Father's work, not mine. He deserves all the credit and praise for any spiritual progress others may see in me.

God bless you.
Joe W.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: