View Single Post
Old 01-12-2014, 10:32 AM   #13
bluidkiti
Administrator

January 13

PEOPLE OF FAITH

“Imagine life without faith!” Alcoholics Anonymous, page 54

“For the word of God is alive and powerful.” Hebrews 4:12

For what it’s worth: My faith was betrayed by all. Even alcohol abandoned me, dumping me like waste into a deep, dark depression. I came to Alcoholics Anonymous a man without life, empty and decaying, trusting nothing. The people accepted me without judgment. They had been like me and found something to fill an empty soul. It became obvious even to this mistrusting drunk these were people of faith. They readily shared that gift with me, taking me under their wings and teaching me I needed to believe in a Higher Power, not only to stay sober, but to find whatever it was I was searching for in life. Their example opened my closed mind and hard heart to the reality that they themselves were the word of God, alive and powerful.

God bless you.
Joe W.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: