View Single Post
Old 09-13-2013, 09:52 AM   #14
bluidkiti
Administrator

From the Book

Things My Sponsors Taught ME
By Paul H.

On Finding the Necessary Number of Meetings (#1)
How many days per week did you drink?
That’s a good place to start.

Regular A.A. attendance replaces the social part of the drinking scene and, thus, assumes an importance of its own. The value of doing something else to avoid the drinking scene is difficult to overstate. So, as my sponsors reasoned, if you went to taverns five nights per week, you’d better go A.A. meetings five nights per week, at least at first.

Another way to look at this advice is to realized one should make as determined an effort at sobriety as one earlier made at drinking. Therefore, the five nights per week drinking commitment is replace b a five night per week A.A. commitment.

The wisdom behind the A.A. message of 90 meetings in 90 days should not be ignored. After my “90 in 90”, I settled in to a routine of going to a certain number of meetings per week that I continued for almost three years. Then I cut back a meeting or so, but not until then. I’m still sober today, and I learned how from others who are still sober, too.

Please feel free to share your Experience, Strength, and Hope
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote