View Single Post
Old 10-31-2014, 11:25 AM   #11
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Default NATURAL HIGHS

Saw this picture. I wasn't too sure what they are suppose to be, but my first guess was glow worms. Well it use to take quite a lot for me to get a glow on and as my disease progressed, it took more and more to get me to that high I wanted to be at. I didn't think I could ever enjoy my life gain. Not being able to use was a real bummer, a real downer. Wrong, it was the beginning of a new way of life.

I am so reminded that I don't need drugs and alcohol to enjoy life. I can be me, I don't have to put on false fronts and masks, it is okay to just be me. Enjoy life, and take it one day at a time.

If we are not enjoying recovery, what are we doing wrong? Each year of recovery has been the best year of my life. I don't mean that life just turned around and became all rosy like these worms, not life didn't get better I did.

Some day, I didn't always live up to my expectations. Some days I didn't accomplish my goal for the day, but I learned that God just might have had other plans for me. So if things don't go my way, perhaps I should look to my God to see if He is trying to point me in another direction.

Holidays can be fun when sober. It is even more fun shared with another. Isolation is part of my disease, not a tool of recovery.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote