View Single Post
Old 08-12-2013, 10:44 AM   #13
bluidkiti
Administrator

August 13

THE BEST GUIDES

“For the word of God is alive and powerful. It is sharper than the sharpest two-edged sword, cutting between soul and spirit, between joint and marrow. It exposes our innermost thoughts and desires.” Hebrews 4:12 (NLT)

“The persistent use of meditation and prayer, we found, did open the channel so that where there had been a trickle, there now was a river which led to sure power and safe guidance from God as we were increasingly better able to understand Him.” Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions, page 109

For what its worth: Stumbling through life drunk destroyed my dreams and left me empty and near dead. I insanely blamed God, not the alcohol. So I looked everywhere – except to God - for meaning and purpose. None was found until I was finally sober and active in Alcoholics Anonymous for years. The persistent example of the members and their sharing about the love of God resulted in my feeble attempt to reach up to God. I reached too far. He was already right there beside me and went to work on me immediately, transforming me into a totally different human being. I had hoped to be an angel of some kind, but, obviously, God wanted me to be simply human – the best I could be. He knew I needed His help, so He offered me two guides: the Bible and the Big Book of Alcoholics Anonymous. I follow both daily. They have led me on a fantastic spiritual journey, over mountains of beauty, dry deserts, and valleys of death.

God bless you.
Joe W.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: