View Single Post
Old 08-13-2013, 09:40 AM   #14
bluidkiti
Administrator

August 14

UNDER OR ABOVE

“Pay careful attention to your own work, for then you will get the satisfaction of a job well done, and you won’t need to compare yourself to anyone else.” Galatians 6:4 (New Living Translation)

“…He goes on to explain that any person capable of enough willingness and honesty to try repeatedly Step Six on all his faults -- without any reservations whatever -- has indeed come a long way spiritually, and is therefore entitled to be called a man who is sincerely trying to grow in the image and likeness of his own Creator.” Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions, page 63

For what it’s worth: Alcoholic behavior and resentful thinking had me believing I was the lowest, most hateful and harmful cockroach crawling the earth. And I was, maybe not beneath the heap, but close. I had developed the defects and disgrace to prove it - until the day I joined Alcoholics Anonymous. There, after years of sobriety, with support from the members, and the power of the Twelve Steps, I was lifted out of the slime and started to climb up into my Heavenly Father’s lap. He provides me the willingness to change and helps me remove the filth and shame with Steps Six and Seven. I use those gifts daily, but still need to work hard every day not to compare myself with others. Besides, making comparisons, I am either under or above – always wrong. I am no longer a cockroach, not even close to sainthood, but just as my Heavenly Father wishes me to be right now – a sober, struggling, and simple human example of His merciful love.

God bless you.
Joe W.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: