View Single Post
Old 08-14-2013, 12:33 PM   #15
bluidkiti
Administrator

August 15

WHERE I NEEDED TO BE

“A person standing alone can be attacked and defeated, but two can stand back-to-back and conquer. Three are even better, for a triple-braided cord is not easily broken.” Ecclesiastes 4:12 (New Living Translation)

“We alcoholics see that we must work together and hang together, else most of us will finally die alone.” Alcoholics Anonymous, page 561 (563), Appendix I, The A.A. Tradition

For what it’s worth: Alcoholism nearly forced me to die alone. There was no one to care, no understanding, no support, and I belied there never would be. This deep despair and horrible aloneness drove me to Alcoholics Anonymous - only to stop the agony, not to get sober, and certainly not to grow close to God. But the Force in Alcoholics Anonymous turned out to be a Power far greater than alcohol, if only I did not take the first drink no matter what. God and I knew this was a task too heavy for me alone, so He mercifully directed me to Alcoholics Anonymous. He knew His sober, loving and tricky drunks would provide fellowship, support, empathy, strength in numbers, just enough shenanigans, and powerful example leading me to His loving arms: right where He always wanted me and exactly where I needed to be.

God bless you.
Joe W.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: