View Single Post
Old 08-08-2013, 10:47 AM   #2
bluidkiti
Administrator

August 2

MOTIVATION TO BELIEVE

“Faced with alcoholic destruction, we soon became as open minded on spiritual matters as we had tried to be on other questions.” Alcoholics Anonymous, page 48

"Your faith has healed you." Matthew 9:22

For what it’s worth: My closed mind and hardened heart stubbornly resisted any thing spiritual. I nearly died all alone and with out a God. However, the agony of advanced alcoholism forced me to listen to people in Alcoholics Anonymous who often spoke of the love of a Higher Power. Moreover, while I was listening, I was drying out and starting to feel the emptiness in my soul. It became so painful that I had to do something. That is what motivated me to open my mind and my heart to the possibility that I was loved by this Higher Power. Living the Steps of AA over a period of sober time, I was able to advance to even trusting this God. Then, with more sober time, I grew to know from my own experience that I was loved by my Heavenly Father.

God bless you!
Joe W.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: