View Single Post
Old 08-08-2013, 10:52 AM   #6
bluidkiti
Administrator

August 6

THE THERAPY OF AA

“You fellows are somebody. I was once, but I'm a nobody now.” Alcoholics Anonymous, page 157

“Even if I were innocent, my mouth would condemn me; if I were blameless, it would pronounce me guilty.” Job 9:20

For what it’s worth: Spitting at my self in the mirror was not a sign of good mental health. I was loaded with self-hate by the time I finally arrived at the doors of Alcoholics Anonymous. But the people treated me with respect and acceptance, and I grew to realize that, contrary to my previous beliefs, even God must think well of me. After all, Something had guided me to AA and kept me sober long enough to begin to see the changes that were happening to me. And Something was helping me take actions I did not believe I could ever do, like turn my will and my life over to God’s care. Ever so slowly the therapy of AA has rebuilt me from the inside out. Now I smile at myself in the mirror and even do a little jig, if no body is watching.

God bless you!
Joe W.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote