View Single Post
Old 08-08-2013, 10:54 AM   #8
bluidkiti
Administrator

August 8

WILLINGNESS

“Much has been written pro and con, but among physicians, the general opinion seems to be that most chronic alcoholics are doomed.” Alcoholics Anonymous, The Doctor’s Opinion

“Lift up your hand, O God. Do not forget the helpless.” Psalm 10:12

For what it’s worth: I believed I was a doomed drunk. I would not admit it back then, but I certainly felt helpless. I covered it up well with many masks that fooled people. That is, until I arrived in Alcoholics Anonymous. Those wise folks saw right through my fronts. They had been doomed, but found a Power greater than themselves Who lifted up His hand to free them from the claws of alcoholism. And, despite my resistance, their example proved to me that He would do the same for me. All I needed was willingness. And, in those instances when I did not even have the willingness, they taught me how to get it: go to God and ask Him for it. That has worked every time.

God bless you!
Joe W.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: