View Single Post
Old 08-08-2013, 10:55 AM   #9
bluidkiti
Administrator

August 9

WHO AM I TO JUDGE?

“We do talk about each other a great deal, but we almost invariably temper such talk by a spirit of love and tolerance.” Alcoholics Anonymous, page 125

“I urge you, brothers, to watch out for those who cause divisions and put obstacles in your way that are contrary to the teaching you have learned. Keep away from them.” Romans 16:17

For what it’s worth: Who am I to judge anyone or anything? Everything in me was sick by the time I came to Alcoholics Anonymous. The good AA folks accepted me for the mess I was. Then they gave me a set of principles that would make me well, the Twelve Steps. They even taught me how to treat them and the rest of the world, using the Prayer of St. Francis, practicing principles before personalities, and applying our code of love and tolerance. And they helped me find a God of my understanding who loves me unconditionally. So, today, I ask my Heavenly Father to help me not judge anyone, not talk about anyone unless my message is positive, and keep away from those “who cause divisions and put obstacles” in my path.

God bless you!
Joe W.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: