View Single Post
Old 08-11-2013, 11:12 AM   #12
bluidkiti
Administrator

August 12

DOING FOR OTHERS

“Ask Him in your morning meditation what you can do each day for the man who is still sick.” Alcoholics Anonymous, page 164

"The King will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.'” Matthew 25:40

For what it's worth: My self-centered disease dictated what I did for others; nothing. My only interest was to manipulate them to get what I wanted, or to resent them to have motive to drink. That kind of stinking thinking was my pattern for years, so change comes slow, but sure, if I do not take that first drink today and live the Twelve Steps of Alcoholic Anonymous. I use the spot-check and daily inventory of Step Ten, and, on those days I see no progress, I go to my Heavenly Father for guidance. Now-a-days, when I ask Him what I can do for others, He reminds me I am doing it for Him, and then He shows me the Prayer of St. Francis.

God bless you.
Joe W.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: