Thread: Gratitude List
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2018, 08:52 PM   #474
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Grateful for my sobriety.
Grateful that I could keep a measure of peace since I last signed in.
Grateful for the 12 Steps of recovery. It is applicable to all areas of my life.
Grateful for my new walker. It has a padded seat and a round rest support instead of an straight iron bar. Even though it was covered with foam, it didn't contour to my body, but then most things can't do that.
Grateful that I have been able to get to my home group for the last two weeks. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to get to the Sunday and Tuesday groups for three weeks. Got a call from Darts to question my cancellation, even though I have phoned them prior to them picking me up. Apparently, they want more time because I mess up their schedule. I am trying to be co-operative and phoning, not letting the driver come and me not be there, otherwise it is their problem. They know when I know, they are the first I call. Sunday night I have had nothing but problems with them picking me up, so if I am not feeling like standing around waiting, and I am in pain, I make the decision not to go.
Grateful that my son cleans my cupboards and painted my kitchen and hall way.
Grateful that my God has patience with me. I am sure He is sitting there shaking His Head and saying, "Tsk, tsk, don't tell me we have to go through this again. Didn't she learn her lesson last time.
Grateful that my God is a loving and forgiving Higher Power who walks with me even when my steps are wobbly and my head just doesn't seem to be with the rest of me.
Grateful for my chiropractor. Dr. Mike aligns my body and gives me heck when I don't come in to see him when I am hurting. I would be in his office every day if I did that. As it is, I have to go back to him next Wednesday because I fell asleep in my chair watching curling.
Grateful that it wasn't because I was bored, but because when I had gone to bed, I hadn't been able to sleep. Does that sound like self-justification???
Grateful for the food I have to eat, especially Meals on Wheels desserts.
Grateful for them, but I eat them and I think more, so I have had to take my thinking to my God.
Grateful for those who walk this journey with me. God Bless.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote