Thread: Acceptance
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2015, 10:59 PM   #8
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Acceptance is a big thing in many areas of my life. Accepting my dis-ease, myself in the moment, my family and friends for where they are at in the moment in their own olife, and accepting that God doesn't think the way I do.

Accepting that "It is a good thing He doesn't!" Instead of defying God and changing my won't power into willingness, I surrender each day into His care. The day is much better when I start it with the Serenity Prayer. I defied God for many years, with don't tell me, "Watch me!"

I am glad I don't have to live that way anymore. I can't disobey and shut Him out and have faith and trust too.

Acceptance doesn't mean I have to like it. If I become defiant and not accept things as they are, then I need to accept the pain that goes along with that choice.

The best thing for me to remember is that life changes, and I am no longer 'with it' and don't have an honest desire to be out there and be that swingin' chick and party girl. The nice thing is, that in today, I have the acceptance.

For many years I felt like I had to justify my existence and reason for being. Today, it is okay to just be.

When I don't have acceptance, I can't change. When I justify, I stay stuck and act out in old behavior.

Quote:
JADE = do not justify, argue, defend or explain just accept the situation and get on with your life.

Lildee

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote