Call me to an untried way;
Let me gladly take the road,
Give me strength to bear my load.
Thou my guide and helper be —
I will travel through with Thee.
Amen.

by Henry Van Dkye

A Prayer of Thanksgiving

O God, who is near us always, I think you for all the good gifts with which you have filled my life; for love that makes life beautiful, for all thoughts that uplift and gladden, for faith to believe and strength to attain, for every experience which humbles and teaches the need of you. Let me never doubt that, having led me thus far, you will lead me to the end. I wish to serve you; show me how I can do it best. Graciously look upon me and use me as you will. And grant that I may employ all of your gifts to the end of setting forth of your glory; through Jesus Christ, our Lord, Amen.

Oh Heavenly Father, in whom I live and move and have my being, I humbly pray you so to guide and govern me by your Holy Spirit, that in all the joys, occupations, and cares of this day I may never forget you, but remember that I am ever walking in your sight. In Christ's name, I pray, Amen.

Prayer of Entreaty for the Lost

Father, thank You for the Gospel of Christ because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes. We pray for those who are yet blind and do not know You. Open their ears to hear the preaching of Your Word. Open the blinded minds of them, which believe not, that the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them. In the name of Jesus we bind them—spirit, soul and body—to the mercy and goodness of God that leads us to repentance. Amen.

Scripture Reading Romans 1:16 (NIV) 2 Corinthians 4:4 (KJV)

“A Prayer For A Strong Work Ethic”

Father, help us to view work as a blessing from You that gives us opportunity to participate in gathering adequate provisions for our family as well as making a positive difference in our work setting. We seek to overcome challenges in the workplace and are able to do so because we do our work heartily, as for You, Lord primarily. We seek to be just and diligent in our work not just when we’re being observed by our supervisors or fellow-employees, but we remain aware that You are always watching over us. We don’t resent or dwell on the negatives of our work or workplace, but recognize how we serve You well when we work with a cheerful heart. And we can do so knowing that our reward is not just the weekly paycheck but most importantly the glorious eternal inheritance we receive in heaven. Keep us faithful we pray. Amen.

Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal. 2 Corinthians 4:16–18, NIV

Lord our God, we thank you that you come to help us with your power and might. We thank you that you come to us in our suffering and strengthen us in all we must endure on earth. You help us so that what is good and full of light comes more and more to us and to all men. We thank you and pray that your power, coming from the invisible world into the visible, may continue its quiet working in us until the day when everyone can see Jesus Christ, who is the same yesterday, today, and into all eternity. Amen.

Dear Lord, please give me the wisdom to see that there is good in all people.

Father, thank You for another new day filled with Your love and grace. As we study Your word today, we thank You that You do know every need even before it is in our mind, or spoken from our lips. Your desire above all else is that we honor You. Be with us in the decisions we make. Amen.

Dear heavenly Father, I thank you for Your promise of strength. Lord, I know that it is through Your wisdom and knowledge that we gain strength. Lord, I am grateful that I can call on You when I feel weak and when I feel that I am unable to go on. Lord, I want to use my strength to do Your will. I want to love You with all my heart, and with all my soul, and with all my mind, and with all my strength. I know then, that I will be able to love my neighbor as myself. You said that there is no greater commandment than this. May I always be faithful in loving You first, and then in loving others. I ask this in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ. Amen.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: