View Single Post
Old 09-09-2013, 12:05 PM   #10
bluidkiti
Administrator

September 10

Lord, pour your love into my heart, that I may love you above all things, and my neighbors as myself. Through Christ our Lord. Amen.

Trusting

Father, my trust is in You; I believe, Lord, I believe. Lord God, You will help me; therefore shall I not be confounded: therefore have I set my face like a flint, and I know that I shall not be ashamed. Lord, You are not slack concerning Your promise, as some men count slackness; but You are longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance. My trust is in You; You have never failed one word of Your good promises. I pray in the name of Jesus. Amen.

Scripture Reading Isaiah 50:7 2 Peter 3:9 1 Kings 8:56

"To answer your question, 'How can I get to know You better?' -- the same way one gets to know a friend or family member, by spending time together, one on one. If you will read My Book, in the Old Testament, you will learn of Me as Creator, and Sovereign God, 'I AM.' I brought into existence ALL that I have for you to enjoy and use creatively. ... I set forth rules and discipline for man's greatest good. I inspired the writers of the Bible to present both My shepherding love and My severe mercy. ... In the New Testament, I sent My only beloved Son to be the last 'sacrificial Lamb' for the lost sinners of all future generations to find their way back into My fold. It is open to all who choose to accept My Son, Jesus Christ, as their Lord and Savior. I have promised forgiveness and eternal life to those who accept Him as the Way, the Life, and the Truth." ... Thank You, Lord, for Your answer to my question. Help me not forget to seek fellowship with You each day, that I may know Your will for my life and be obedient to Your leading.

In Jesus' name I pray.

Amen.

© 2000 by D. L. Hammond, Permission to copy granted for noncommercial use.

Heavenly Father, may I live that my spirit may never feel lost from thee; and when I am in great need of thee, even unto death, may I know that thou art very near. Amen.

God our Father, the Bible reminds us that your love for each of us is great and that you are faithful for ever, never letting us down. Inspire us to value friendship and loyalty, and grow in faithfulness to those who love and trust us. Amen.

Attention to Teaching

Hebrews 2:1-4

Dear Father,

Help me to pay close attention to all of your teaching, lest I drift away from it. How shall I escape if I neglect so great a salvation?

Thank you for your message of hope. Thank you for the teaching of repentance and the kingdom that was proclaimed by the Lord himself and then passed on by his emissaries to the world, and then to my generation, then to me.

Thank you for the signs, wonders, miracles, and gifts of the Holy Spirit by which you bore witness to the truth of this message.

Father, let me live in the light of the glorious gospel of Jesus, that wonderful Good News that you love us and want to make of us your pure and holy children.

For this, Father, all praise, honor, glory and dominion belong to you.

In the name of Jesus I ask. Amen.

Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path. Psalm 119:105, NIV

Lord our God, we stand before your presence. Look in mercy upon us poor, weak children of men, who do not know where to turn unless you help us with your mighty hand. We trust in you. You will help us, you will always be with us, and even in hard times you will accomplish your will for what is good. Bless us today as we gather to hear your Word. May your Word always be our strength and joy. Your Word gives victory in us and in the whole world so that your will may be done on earth as in heaven. Amen.

Dear Father, thank you for all you have done for me. Please help me to be appreciative for what I have and what you have given me, for that is what matters.

“A Prayer For Rope Holders”

Father, we are so grateful for the rope holders who’ve helped pull us out of despairing situations. Those who have given us an uplifting message, interceded in prayer on our behalf, given of their time and expertise to help us in our dilemma. We too want to be a rope holder and offer a word of encouragement, be a listening ear, and extend tender compassion and mercy to one in need. Help us to be Your hand extended to those in need we pray. Amen.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: