View Single Post
Old 09-10-2013, 10:38 AM   #11
bluidkiti
Administrator

September 11

Prayer for the Morning

Heavenly Lord, you have brought me to the beginning of a new day. As the world is renewed fresh and clean, so I ask you to renew my heart with your strength and purpose. Forgive me the errors of yesterday and bless me to walk closer in your way today. This is the day I begin my life anew; shine through me so that every person I meet may feel your presence in my soul. Take my hand, precious Lord, for I cannot make it by myself. Through Christ I pray and live, Amen.

Prayer for Protections (from Psalm 3)

O Lord, how many are my foes! Many are rising against me; many are saying of my soul, there is no salvation for him in God. But you, O Lord, are a shield about me, my glory, and the lifter of my head. I cry aloud to you, and you answer me from your holy hill. I lie down and sleep, and I wake again, for you have sustained me. I will not fear the men of this world, even if thousands set themselves against me.

Arise, O Lord! Save me, O my God! For salvation belongs to you alone. May your blessing be ever on your people. Amen.

Now all glory to God, who is able to keep us from falling away and will bring us with great joy into his glorious presence without a single fault. All glory to him who alone is God, our Savior through Jesus Christ our Lord. All glory, majesty, power, and authority are his before all time, and in the present, and beyond all time! Amen.

Gracious heavenly Father, You have created each of us for Your purposes. ... You have a plan for my life. It is up to me to build a relationship with You, to discover what You want for me. My greatest worth and happiness depend on this. ... Remind me that I am made in Your image, just as Jesus was when "He emptied Himself,"* and became flesh and blood. ... His Spirit was His connection to You, just as my spirit becomes when I acknowledge You as God and accept Jesus' sacrifice for my sins. ... He had a soul, just as I have -- mind, will, and emotions -- one's unique personality. ... Jesus chose to always seek Your will, and to be obedient to it. I have the same choice, for I can know Your will through the Word and by Jesus' example, with the Holy Spirit's guidance. ... I have a physical, destructible body, just as Jesus had. How I take care of it, and use it, is a test of my commitment to You, for You have called me "to be holy as You are holy,"** for my greatest fulfillment, and for Your purposes. ... Open my eyes to see this, Lord. Walk with me, and help me to desire to share Your love and Your Word, that together we can make this a better world.

In the name of Jesus I pray.

Amen.

* (Phil. 2:5-7) ** (I Peter 1:16)

© 2000 by D. L. Hammond, Permission to copy granted for noncommercial use.

“A Prayer For Blessing Others”

Father, we pray that You will give us Biblical thoughts and expressions of blessing that we can share with those whom we seek to influence. Not only can we pray for them, but we can also bless them in the name of Jesus. We are instructed to bless even those who curse us, hard as that may be to do. When Jesus instructed His disciples to enter the house where they lodged and place their blessings upon that family saying, “Peace be to this house” Your peace rested upon it. So, we too have power with our prayerful words to make a positive difference in one’s life as we speak blessings upon them. Grant us confidence and meaningful expressions of blessings as we reach out in the name of Christ, for it is in His name that we pray. Amen.

Dear Lord, please help me through this day. I have a heavy burden that has been placed upon me and I need you to help me carry it through.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: