View Single Post
Old 08-02-2014, 11:07 AM   #8
bluidkiti
Administrator

August 8

Prayer of Thanks

O Thou whose bounty fills my cup with every blessing meet! I give Thee thanks for every drop, the bitter and the sweet.

I praise Thee for the desert road, and for the riverside; for all Thy goodness hath bestowed, and all Thy grace denied.

I thank Thee for both smile and frown, and for the gain and loss; I praise Thee for the future crown and for the present cross.

I thank Thee for both wings of love which stirred my worldly nest; and for the stormy clouds which drove me, trembling, to Thy breast.

I bless Thee for the glad increase, and for the waning joy; and for this strange, this settled peace which nothing can destroy. Amen.
by Jane Crewdson (1860)

Dedication to Service

Now, oh heavenly Father, I ask to be called as a witness to your love by the love I extend to others; a precursor of your justice by my unfailing commitment to what is right and good; a lamp set on a hill, reflecting the light of Christ in my forgiveness, mercy and compassion; and a harvester of souls through my humble and dedicated servanthood. In Jesus' name, I pray, Amen.

To Receive Jesus as Savior and Lord

God of heaven and earth, thank You for loving me. Today, I confess with my mouth that Jesus is Lord, and I believe in my heart that You raised him from the dead; according to Your Word I am saved. I repent and renounce sin and thank You for remitting them. Jesus is my Lord, and I am a new creation in Him. Old things have passed away; now all things have become new! Amen.

Scripture Reading John 3:16 Romans 10:9-10 2 Corinthians 5:17

Dear Lord, why is it that I am always in a hurry and You are not? Remind me that most things that are really worthwhile were not achieved in a day. ... By study and prayer, help me to create the climate for Your miracles. Help me, Lord, to build a day to day relationship with You so that I can recognize Your actions in my life, and give You all the glory.

In Jesus' name I pray.

Amen.

© 2000 by D. L. Hammond, Permission to copy granted for noncommercial use.

My Father, I pray that I may not let my life become commonplace through habit. May I not be content to rest in my virtues and let the days pass neglected. Awaken my dull satisfactions to a desire to live for the greatest, that I may have the greatest to live for. Amen.

Lord, inspire me to get my priorities right and make my choices wisely. Amen

“A Prayer For Those In Need”

Father, we are thankful that You are present in the daily routine of our lives but also in the quiet, seemingly inactive periods when we are forced to slow down, think more, and do less. Your Spirit is at work in us as we invite You into the throne-rooms of our mind and into the recesses of our heart to shape us into Your likeness. You take negative circumstances and make them work for our good, when we acknowledge that “all things work together for good to those who love You and are called according to Your purpose.” We pray that You will achieve Your intended purpose in our lives as we fully submit our circumstances to Your divine plan. In the name of Jesus we pray. Amen.

Believe in the light while you have the light, so that you may become children of light. John 12:36, NIV

Dear Father in heaven, as your children we come into your presence so that you may lead us with the light that streams out from you. We come to your light seeking an inner birth to make us what your children ought to be. Bless us as we thank you for all your goodness and for the powerful help you have given many among us. Accept the thanks we offer you, and grant that we never forget the good you are doing for us. Help us to go forward, always forward, until your kingdom is completed. May it not be in vain that we live in the Lord Jesus and in love to you, the God and Father of all men. May it not be in vain that we bring you our requests and prayers for your kingdom to come soon. Yes, Lord Jesus, come! Come soon to this earth so that all men may acknowledge the true God and may love you. Amen.

Dear Lord, please help me understand that I am not to old to dream.

A Prayer for All

1 Timothy 2:1-7

Dear Father, king of nations and peoples,

This is for all people everywhere - We plead for all people because they all need you. We pray for all people because many never talk to you. We intercede for all people because most do not know what to ask. We give thanks for all people for few express gratitude. We thank you for their lives, and we give thanks to you for all that you give them, even though they do not acknowledge you or give thanks to you.

We pray for national, regional, and local leaders and all who are in high positions. May they exercise wisdom and justice so that we who follow you may live quiet and peaceable lives, godly and respectful in every way.

We know that such prayer is good and acceptable in your sight, because we know that you want everyone to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.

In the name of Jesus Christ, the one Mediator between God and man, who gave his life for us, I pray. Amen.

Dear heavenly Father, thank you for cleansing me from the impurities in my life. Lord, give me a desire to study Your Word and also give me revelation as I read it, so that I can be changed by Your Words. I know the Words of God contain life, so help me to live by them. I ask you to cleanse my heart from everything that is against Your Word. Set me free from those things that are evil and keep me from temptation. Thank you for purifying my heart, so that I may see God. I ask this in the name of Jesus, Your Son. Amen.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: