View Single Post
Old 08-02-2014, 11:09 AM   #14
bluidkiti
Administrator

August 14

Prayer for the Work of This Day

Almighty God, thank you for the work my hand may find this day. May I find gladness in all its toil and difficulty, its pleasure and success, and even in its failure and sorrow. I would look always away from myself, and behold the glory and the need of the world, that I may have the will and the strength to bring the gift of gladness to others; that with them I stand to bear the burden and heat of the day and offer you my work, as well as I may accomplish it, as praise. Amen.

Prayer of Trust When We Feel Lost

Lord God, sometimes I feel like a lost child, alone in the woods or on a strange street. I cannot see the road ahead of me. I fear what lies in the shadows.

I have no idea where I am going. I cannot know for certain where it will end. Nor do I really know myself. And even though I am trying to follow your will, sometimes I can't be sure whether I am or not. Sometimes, I think, I am fooling myself. But I believe that the desire to please you does in fact please you and that you will direct me, even if sometimes I get it wrong.

I hope and pray that I will at least not do anything today that I am certain will displease you, and I know that if I do this, you will lead me by the right road, though I may know nothing about it. Therefore I will trust you always. Though I may seem to be lost and in the shadow of death, I will not fear, for you are ever with me and you will never leave me to face my troubles alone. Amen.

Now, oh Lord, I pray that you may lift up the light of your countenance upon me, and give me peace; in my going out and in my coming in; in my sitting down and my rising up; in my work and in my play; in my joy and in my sorrow, in my laughter and in my tears; until that day comes which is without dawn and without dark. Amen.

Putting on the Armor of God

In the name of Jesus, I put on the whole armor of God that I may be able to stand against the wiles (strategies) of the devil. My struggle is not with flesh and blood, but against principalities, powers, the rulers of the darkness of this world, and spiritual wickedness in high places. I love and esteem people, while hating evil. In the name of Jesus, I enforce his triumphant victory against evil spirits! Jesus is Lord! Amen

Scripture Reading Ephesians 6:11-14

Dear heavenly Father, You created me to have fellowship with You. Let me come before You with rejoicing -- not complaining, not questioning, not asking, not beseeching, but realizing fully the privilege that is mine in being able to honor You with praise and thanksgiving. Help me to seek You for who You are, rather than for just what You can do for me.

In the name of our Lord Jesus I pray.

Amen.

© 2000 by D. L. Hammond, Permission to copy granted for noncommercial use.

Lord Jesus, you said that no-one could have greater love than to give up their life for someone else. Remind us in our personal circumstances today that care and compassion and love and sacrifice can change everything. Amen.

Setting a Good Example

1 Timothy 4:11-16

Dear Father,

May we never lessen our commitment to you because someone criticizes us. Instead, let us set an example in speech and conduct, in love, in faith, in purity.

Encourage us to busy ourselves with the reading of Scripture, with preaching and teaching. Help us not to neglect whatever gifts we have from you. Help us use every resource you have given us to serve fruitfully in your kingdom, that we may be saved and that others may come to a saving relationship with your Son Jesus Christ.

In the name of Jesus I ask. Amen.

“A Prayer For Resourcefulness”

Father, we marvel at the miracles Jesus performed, as recorded in the New Testament. Taking a young boy’s small lunch and feeding 5,000 men along with their wives and families can only result from Your supernatural work. And then to have leftovers from such a setting is even more amazing. Just as the disciples and the crowd learned so much about Jesus through His feeding of the crowd, we too learn that nothing is impossible with You. We also learn from this story that You are a resourceful God when Jesus instructed that the leftovers be collected “so that nothing is wasted”. Help us to be good stewards of all that You provide for us showing us how to be creative and generous toward others as well. In the name of Jesus we pray. Amen.

If only you had paid attention to my commands, your peace would have been like a river, your well-being like the waves of the sea. Isaiah 48:18, NIV

Lord our God, grant that we may heed your commandments, that our peace may be like a river and our righteousness like the waves of the sea. Be with us through your Spirit, we pray. Speak with us and tell us what we need to hear so that we can understand what draws us always nearer to you. Show the might of your hand to help us and all men. Even under judgment we shall not despair, we shall not lose courage because of troubles and distress. Come with your strength, that we may grow strong to overcome the world through Jesus Christ the Savior. Amen.

Dear Father, please grant me the wisdom to see that to dream is to hope and to hope is to live. With You all things are possible.

“A Prayer For God’s Strength”

Father, we’re strengthened physically, emotionally and spiritually knowing that we can do all things through Christ who provides us with His strength. In ourselves we are weak and often distressed by the daunting trials of life. When they become our singular focus we are easily overtaken by doubt and helplessness. But when our primary focus is on worshiping the Lord Jesus who is our Provider, our Strength, our Sustainer, our Hope and our Soon Coming King our mourning turns into joy, our weakness into strength, and our hope is once again renewed. Thank You for making that possible. Amen.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: