View Single Post
Old 06-01-2016, 07:52 AM   #4
bluidkiti
Administrator

June 4

Wisdom for Today
Recovery is not always easy; in fact there are times when it is down right hard. In these difficult times we must be careful not to act impulsively. This is where the AA motto, "Think, Think, Think," comes in. First, we must think the drink or drug through till the end. What this means is that we must think past the drinking or drugging to the consequences that wait for us on the other side. And they do wait; and because we are alcoholics and addicts, we cannot know how bad these consequences may be. Secondly, we must think about what the program tells us to do in these situations. How can we use the steps to help us get through these difficult times. What would my sponsor say to me? What principles of the program can I rely on to help me choose to do the next right thing.
Finally, I must think about what my Higher Power would want me to do in this situation. How can I use God to help me with my current situation? What does my Higher Power want me to do? Each of these statements summarizes a plan to help me deal with life on life's terms. So when things get difficult as they sometimes do, I must train myself to use this motto in my life as a plan of action. This motto will help me make healthy decisions. It will guide me step by step back to a place of stability in my recovery. I can even use this motto when life is not so difficult. It will keep me on track, and I will be less likely to end up in difficult situations. Do I use, "Think, think, think," in my daily life?
Meditations for the Heart
As we grow closer and closer to our God, as we understand Him, we become less and less entangled in in the frustrations of humanity and its limitations. Man is filled with shortcomings and cannot satisfy all our desires. But God can indeed fill our every need. Whenever we need His help, He is there. Whenever we need His encouragement, He is there. Whenever we need His encouragement, He is there. And whenever we need His wisdom, He is there. This is where we all need look to have our needs fulfilled. Should we turn only to our fellow man to satisfy our needs, we will surely be let down sooner or later. But God always satisfies our needs. This does not always happen in the ways in which we might expect, but it will happen in the way God wants it to. Do I go to God and lay my needs before Him?
Petitions to my Higher Power
God,
Sometimes life gets frustrating, and I know I need to turn to You for Help. Let me learn to use the program as a guide for my life, and let me always slow down and look to You for whatever I need. Give me answers for this day, and help me to think before I act. Let me use Your wisdom in the difficult times I may face.
Amen
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: