Thread: QUESTIONS???
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2014, 05:58 PM   #13
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

For many years I put aside what I needed or wanted to do for others. I lived my life through others and told myself I was happy because they were happy. I liked things because I was doing them with others and I wasn't alone, and yet it wasn't my true self.

My big love and passion is bridge. It makes me sad that I have had to cancel twice because of my health. It was nice when my partner picked up the phone and called me so that we made the connection. His grand passion is exercise and he was tired from doing too much and he was glad of the night home and the rest. He would have gone if I had been able but he was glad that I had made the decision to stay home.

In today, I haven't been able to play for 3 years. I keep thinking of going back, but because of my medications, I don't always have concentration and I don't feel that I could be a good partner, and that has always been important to me.

Sometimes we fear hurting the other person and are afraid to say no and to set a boundary. It generally works out well in the end when you listen to yourself. Again, it is about balance.

I can't give away what I don't have. I was told that I needed to top myself up and only give away the overflow.

It is important to have an outside interest. In today, for me it is coming to the sites and a game of Bejewelled 3.

My computer and my sites became an addiction, they completely took up my thoughts and was always on line forgetting to live my own life. I had to pray and ask for healing of my thoughts. There was no more 'have to do" in my thinking and I was able to LIVE my life.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote