View Single Post
Old 02-15-2014, 09:41 AM   #16
bluidkiti
Administrator

February 16

For a Heart Open to God's Word

God, as you gave us the sun to lighten our days, so you have given us your Word to lighten our minds and our souls. I pray that you will pour out on me your Spirit as I pray today, that my heart and mind may be opened to your Word, and that I may learn and accept your will for my life.

Shine within my heart, loving God, the pure light of your divine knowledge; open the eyes of my mind and the ears of my heart to receive your Word, this day and always, Amen.

For Husbands

Father, thank you for husbands who take responsibility for their families just as Christ does for the church. We pray that they will hunger and thirst after righteousness, and be satisfied. They will have no need to be domineering, but cherishing. Each husband will go all out in his love for his wife, exactly as Christ did for the church – a love marked by giving not getting. Their children will be honored everywhere for they have a special heritage. Wealth and riches shall be in their houses and their generosity will never run dry. In the name of Jesus, we pray. Amen.

For Wives

Father, thank you for godly wives who are beautiful inside, in their hearts, with the lasting charm of a gentle and quiet spirit that is so precious to you. We pray that they will seek first the Kingdom of God and his righteousness, and not worry about missing out on anything you’ve provided. Give them wisdom and spiritual understanding as they support their husbands in ways that show their support for Christ. Help each one be a blessing and receive blessings as she fits in with her husband’s plans. In the name of Jesus, we pray. Amen.

Dear Lord Jesus, You have said, "Blessed are the poor in spirit, ..." meaning those who realize that they cannot do it alone. ... Help me to realize that I need You in my life each day; I need Your wisdom, and I need to know that Your love is constant and that Your grace is sufficient to sustain me. ... As I prepare for uncertain times ahead, help me to yield to Your sovereignty, to trust Your faithfulness, and to desire to serve You as I seek Your will for my life.

In Your holy name I pray. Amen.

© 1996 by D. L. Hammond, Permission to copy granted for noncommercial use.

Lord Jesus, as you touched the eyes of the blind man, touch us so that our eyes may be opened so that we can “really see” the many wonderful things around us and in our own lives. Amen.

We have not received the spirit of the world but the Spirit who is from God, that we may understand what God has freely given us. 1 Corinthians 2:12, NIV

Dear Father in heaven, open the door for us, we pray. Grant that we may come to you in spirit. Grant that in you we may find peace and courage for our whole lives. Lead us always by your Spirit. Help us to find your will on earth and grant us access to your heavenly powers, for alone we can do nothing. Strengthen our faith so that we can always serve you. Bless your Word in us. May our hearts be opened, for we are your children, O Lord our God, through Jesus Christ our Savior. Amen.

Father, as we come to You in prayer today we are thankful for a new day and the reminder of Your very being. So often in life we are lost when we are in need of making decisions regarding physical directions, emotional direction, or inner healing. We try and find our way, only to be even more lost than before. Will You quicken our heart today to think about Your powerful words that bring healing to every part of our being. It is only in You that we will find the needed direction in all areas of our lives. Amen.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Sponsored Links