View Single Post
Old 09-05-2013, 09:49 AM   #7
bluidkiti
Administrator

September 6

THE BEAST

“The spirit is willing, but the body is weak." Matthew 26:41

“We have empathized willingness as being indispensable.” Alcoholics Anonymous, page 76

For what its worth: The self-centeredness of alcoholism was a hungry beast, running wild for years, devouring everything of value in me. Even after years of sober, hard work to cage the monster, he can find a weakness and break loose, unleashing deep-seated defects once believed to be under control. Frustration, anger, insecurity, non-acceptance are some weaknesses the beast pursues to trigger selfish instincts. These cause me pain, and, more importantly, hurt others, usually those I love. They can cause relapse. I thank God He has given me the Tenth Step of Alcoholics Anonymous to identify the problem and the courage to admit my wrong. Plus, I have Step Six and Seven to seek willingness to keep struggling, and, with God's grace, to get the beast back in lockup and keep it there.

God bless you.
Joe W
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: