View Single Post
Old 08-02-2014, 11:09 AM   #12
bluidkiti
Administrator

August 12

Prayer to Live this Day with God

Dear Lord, I thank you for this day. I thank you that I can see or hear your Word this morning. Let me give thanks all day for what I have, especially your eternal love, and forgive me this day when I go astray, by my thoughts or actions; my only aim is to please you, to know and do your will. Guide my every step.

Help me to live this day with wisdom and discretion so that I may not fall short of your glory. Protect me from danger, both in the world and in my attitude. Give me the gift of a clear mind, that I might hear the quiet voice of your Spirit. Help to massage away resentments and blame for things gone by, that would eat my energy and poison my mind; but instead, help me to look to the moment, to what I can do, to work for the future. And let me never become frustrated where I lack control of events, for you are in charge, not me; and I put my entire faith in your power, your knowledge, your plan for humanity.

Your are my leader and my coach, Lord. I am on your team. Help me to keep this in mind for just today, in Christ's name I pray, Amen.

Prayer of Penitence

My God, I am sorry for my sins with all my heart. In choosing to do wrong and failing to do good, I have sinned against You whom I should love above all things. I firmly intend, with Your help, to do penance, to sin no more, and to avoid whatever leads me to sin. Our Savior Jesus Christ suffered and died for us. In His name, my God, have mercy. Amen.

I pray to you, dearest Jesus, for all the graces I need to know you, to love you and serve you faithfully unto death, and to save my soul. Give me a tender and fervent devotion to your sacred passion by which I was redeemed, venerating you each day in prayer, and teach me how to unite sorrows and sufferings of my life with your own. Amen.

Let Everything Praise the Lord!

Hallelujah! Father, Your praises are in my mouth. The sun and moon, the morning stars, rain clouds are praising You; You spoke the word, and there they were! You set them in place from all time to eternity; You gave Your orders and it was done! Let earth’s kings and all races, leaders, important people, robust men and women in their prime, and yes, graybeards and little children praise You because You are our King, our God, our Lord. Your name is the only Name worth praising, your radiance exceeds anything in heaven and earth; you have built a monument—your very own people! From all who love God, we shout our praises. Hallelujah! Amen

Scripture Reading Psalm 148:1-14 (The Message)

My Father, I bless thee for thy patience and forbearance. I pray that thou wilt forgive me for all the sorrow that I have made from rebellion and despair, and with thy forgiveness may I receive patience and cheerful courage. Amen.

God our Father, Every day may we live in your presence and deepen our friendship with Jesus, your Son. Fill us with your Spirit and inspire us to be faithful in prayer and always place our trust in you. May we grow in faith and compassion as we celebrate the Sacraments of your love and bring good news to the poor and healing to the broken-hearted. Inspire us to live in such a way that we are credible witnesses of the transforming power of your love, as we share the hopes and the joys, the sorrows and the frustrations of those entrusted to our care. Give us the gifts we need to accompany your people along the path of holiness. Amen.

The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to him in song. Psalm 28:7, NIV

Lord our God, you are our strength and shield. Our hearts hope in you and we are helped. Accept us from among all the nations as a people who want to serve you. Strengthen our hearts, especially when we must be tested in every way and must face the many hardships that will come when we take up our task of proclaiming your name and witnessing to you. For you are strong and can protect us. You can fill us with light and with joy to proclaim again and again the salvation that is coming through your all-powerful goodness and mercy, salvation in Jesus Christ the Lord. Amen.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: