View Single Post
Old 02-10-2014, 09:36 AM   #11
bluidkiti
Administrator

February 11

To Help Others This Day

Heavenly Lord, I pray that this day, you will continue to bless me, that I may be a blessing to others. Keep me strong that I may help the weak. Keep me uplifted that I may have words of encouragement for others. I pray for those that are lost and can’t find their way. I pray for those that are misjudged and misunderstood. I pray for those who don’t know you intimately. I pray that others will find your strength, so that they can love and help one another. I pray for those who don’t believe, that they may find you.

And when this world closes in on me, let me remember the example of my Lord and Savior: to slip away and find a quiet place to pray. Remind me, nudge me, let me remember to find you when I’m feel like I'm pushed beyond my limits. In Christ's name, I come to you, Amen.

Meditation

[Let me have words of encouragement for others.]

As I travel through the rest of my day, may the God of hope fill me with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit I may abound in hope. Amen.

Dear Heavenly Father, everyone has the same number of hours in a day. How I use mine will determine the person I become. ... Whether or not I take time to read Your Word and to listen to the leading of the Holy Spirit is a choice that I make daily. ... Help me to see that only by choosing Your way can I be transformed into the likeness of Jesus. ... Oh Lord, I want to choose life, and live it on Your terms.

In Your holy name I pray.

Amen.

© 2000 by D. L. Hammond, Permission to copy granted for noncommercial use.

Father, we pray that we may live cheerfully and patiently and positively both in sickness and in health. We bring before you all who are sick and all who care for them... Bring healing of one kind or another to those we know who are ill, afraid or worried. We think of those who suffer from constant sickness or weakness and those who never get well. Father, be with them all, and be with us. Amen

But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come. John 16:13, NIV

Dear Father in heaven, grant your Spirit to us, your children. May something from you be revealed on earth so that divine strength and divine truth, not what is only human, are with us in all we do. Keep courage alive in our hearts even when things look dark. May powers of peace and healing be revealed through us because you are near and your kingdom is all around us. You can do all things, also things beyond our understanding. With your help we do what we are able, but we cannot do what you do. We trust in you, and we believe that through your power and your Spirit you will take possession of our whole lives and the lives of the many who sigh in their hearts for absolute truth. Amen.

In Time of Need

Heavenly Father, in my present need, help me to believe that you are aware of my anxiety and will do what is best for me. Give me the strength to trust you and put the present and future in your hands. Grant this through Christ, our Lord. Amen.

At the Start of Day
Psalms 118: 24
This is the day that the Lord has made;
let us rejoice and be glad in it.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: