View Single Post
Old 04-16-2016, 08:10 AM   #17
bluidkiti
Administrator

April 17

Wisdom for Today
This program is not a religious one, but a spiritual one. People in the program do not claim to be theologians. Instead we simply talk about the process of learning to live a spiritual life. We talk about matters like faith and hope. We describe how turning things over to a Higher Power has benefited our life. I can't graph out the spiritual process, nor can I draw you a roadmap on how to get there. But I can share how living a spiritual life of faith has led me out of loneliness. I can tell you how the hope I received in the program has calmed my anxiety and relieved my fears. I can tell you of many events that have happened in my life that have bought me happiness, inner peace and serenity. I can tell you that by living a spiritual life I have learned how to get along with other people.
Learning to live spiritually is accomplished through the steps, and it is learned from watching others in the program and following their example. Over time things such as depression, sorrow and pain are removed. Even the desire to drink or use drugs is removed. This does not mean that I am cured. It just is a benefit of living the program and having faith. It comes through obedience to the will of a Higher Power. It is His care to which we turn, and He will not let us down. Life is not always easy, and there are still bumps in the road. I still have problems, but these problems are by far much better than the ones I used to have. I still take five steps ahead and two steps back. Yet over time, living a Spirit-filled life leads to progress. Am I learning to live a Spirit-filled life?
Meditations for the Heart
A question that has popped into my head in the past was, "Is it okay to expect a miracle?" Well, the answer is a resounding – YES! Take a look around when you are at your next meeting, and you will see a room full of them. Ask any old-timer in the program if they ever experienced a miracle, and they undoubtedly will tell you of many in their recovery process. Miracles happen every day in recovery. You just have to look for them. Some people are a little reluctant to call them miracles and instead call these things change. But if you press them into how these changes occurred, you will hear them say it happened by walking the walk and by trusting in a Higher Power to do things I cannot do for myself. I would call that a miracle. Many things have happened in my recovery that I can't explain any other way. Do you expect a miracle? Are you willing to wait for the miracle to occur?
Petitions to my Higher Power
God,
I start my day with a quiet time with You. In this conversation with You I both listen and talk to You. Help me this day to carry Your words and guidance with me. Teach me to live in the light of Your Spirit. Help me to stay on the path of spiritual living. Let me continue to experience Your miracles in my life. Walk with me this day.
Amen.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: