Thread: Accepting Life
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2013, 08:58 PM   #11
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Acceptance of others is easier for me than of where I am in the moment. I also find that when I don't listen to myself, I get resentful. Often that puts me in places, with others, that I wish not to be around. Accepting of them, tolerance is another matter. I am grateful for the knowledge of knowing where people come from, yet have very little acceptance and tolerance for those who excuse their behavior by saying, "I'm an alcoholic you know?" I am an adult child, what do you expect? I am an addict, that is what addicts do. Recovery is about change and not staying in old behaviour, about moving ahead and not going back to where I came from. So, you can see, I can still be judgmental, yet I am my hardest critic!

Knowingness is such a powerful thing. To be able to be in the 'know' instead of the chaos and uncertainty of active addiction, be it living with my own, or someone else's. Being at one with oneself, in the know with what is best for me it a great gift. I lived my life through other people for so many years and I had no identity of my own.

Serenity and being comfortable with myself is certainly a God given gift of this program, through working the Steps, I not only found God, I found myself.

Acceptance is the key to all areas of recovery, it doesn't matter what substance you use, be it people, places, and/or things.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote