View Single Post
Old 12-11-2013, 09:00 AM   #12
bluidkiti
Administrator

December 12

For Perseverance Today

If things get tough today, Lord — and in all hard time — let me stay motivated and calm. Let me look at how far I have come rather than how far I still have to go. Let me continue counting my blessings, not what I've been missing. May every day bring new chances to grow, new beautiful things to see, new plans to do, and new goals to pursue, as every new day is God's miracle day. Amen.

And finally, grant me O Lord, I pray, the lamp of charity which never fails, that it may burn in me and shed its light on those around me, and that by its brightness I may share a vision of that holy City, where dwells the true and never-failing Light, Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

Casting Down Wrong Thinking

Father, I repent and renounce the sin of criticizing and judging others. In the name of Jesus I cast down critical, judgmental, condemning thoughts toward others. I will not judge, criticize or condemn them. In the name of Jesus, help me get the beam of timber out of my own eye, and then I will see clearly how to take the tiny particle out of my brother’s eye. I bind love, mercy, compassion and God’s grace to my mind, in the name of Jesus – the name that is above all names. Amen.

Matthew 7:1-5

Dear Lord, You were here when I needed You. Your love engulfed me, Your Holy Spirit empowered me, and Your strength sustained me. ... Oh Lord, let me be there when You need me - to share Your love with another, to be a tower of strength in someone's weakness, to reflect You in all that I do; for how else can I praise You? How else can I show my heart's thanksgiving? How else can You know that I love You? It is not enough to praise You and say "I love You" on Sunday; it's how I live on Monday and throughout the week, isn't it? Does my life really reflect my love for You in the way I live each day?

In Jesus' name I pray.

Amen.

© 2000 by D. L. Hammond, Permission to copy granted for noncommercial use.

God our Father, as you welcome me and accept me fully and love me as the person I am, so inspire me to be generous to others in the welcome and acceptance, and the love and the care that I offer. Amen.

You Made Endurance Possible!

Colossians 1:23

Dear Father,

Help me to continue in the faith by holding on to what you have given and by being stable and steadfast.

Don't let anything move me away from the hope of the Good News which I heard, which was proclaimed throughout the whole creation under heaven.

You make my endurance possible by filling me with your Spirit. Fill me more and more! And thank you for being my Father.

In the name of Jesus and by his authority I ask. Amen.

Dear Lord, grant me the strength to allow my desire to succeed be greater than my fear of failure.

Dear heavenly Father, praises be to Your Name for delivering us from the curses of the enemy! I thank You for Your many blessings, and am grateful that You have redeemed us from the curse. Lord, set us free from all dissatisfaction and discontent. Lord, today, may I find my peace and contentment in You. Father, I am grateful for Your protection against the curses of the devil. We thank You for Your many blessings and pray in the name of Jesus. Amen.

“A Prayer For Welcoming The Christ Child”

Jesus, we know that You no longer physically occupy a place where we can see, touch, or talk with You face to face. But You reside within the hearts of those who make room for You. We place You on the throne of our hearts where Your principles and Your divine guidance are the authority and rule for our lives. Though the world may cast You aside we place You front and center of all that we do so that all who see us will also see You. May the love You shed abroad in our hearts through the Holy Spirit also be spread around to those whom we regularly have contact with through Christ our Lord in whose name we pray. Amen.

Prayer for God's Guidance
St. Teresa of Avila
Govern everything by your wisdom, O Lord, so that my soul may always be serving you
in the way you will
and not as I choose.
Let me die to myself so that I may serve you;
let me live to you who are life itself.
Amen.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: