View Single Post
Old 12-13-2013, 07:44 AM   #15
bluidkiti
Administrator

December 15

Prayer of Ambrose of Milan

O Lord, who has mercy upon all, take away from me my sins, and mercifully kindle in me the fire of your Holy Spirit. Take away from me the heart of stone, and give me a heart of flesh, a heart to love and adore you, a heart to delight in you, to follow and to enjoy you, for Christ's sake. Amen.

from a prayer by Ambrose of Milan, 388 A.D.

Confession of Sins, with a Prayer for Contrition and Pardon.

Most merciful God, whose eyes are too pure to behold iniquity, and who has promised forgiveness to all those who confess and forsake their sins; I come before you in a humble sense of my own unworthiness, confessing my many transgressions of your righteous laws. [* Here make a short pause, to remember and confess the sins and failings of the past week.] But, O gracious Father, who desires not the death of a sinner, look upon me, I beseech you, in mercy, and forgive me for all my transgressions. Make me deeply sensible of the great evil of them; and work in me a hearty repentance; that I may obtain forgiveness at your hands, who is ever ready to receive humble and penitent sinners; for the sake of your Son Jesus Christ, my only Saviour and Redeemer. Amen.

Prayer to Be Filled with Christ’s Love (from Ephesians 14)

Heavenly Father, when I think of the wonder of your great plan for our salvation, I fall on my knees before you, who has named every name in heaven or on earth, and I pray that out of your richness of your glory, you will strengthen me in my inner being with your Spirit, so that Christ may dwell in my heart through faith. And I pray that I may be rooted and grounded in love, that I may have strength to comprehend with all the saints the breadth and length and height and depth of the love of Christ Jesus, the love that surpasses knowledge, and be filled with the fullness that only you can give. In the name of Christ, I pray, Amen.

May the Passion of Christ be ever in my heart. May your law and your goodness guide my every thought, O Lord. And may the power of your Holy Spirit flow through my words and my actions today, and during the week to come. Amen.

Prince of Peace

Father, I thank you that my family is justified through faith and we have peace with God through Jesus. We receive Jesus as the Prince of Peace, and we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God. I pray this morning that our God who gives hope will fill us with much joy and peace while we are trusting in Him. Then our hope will overflow by the power of the Holy Spirit. I thank you, Father God, for your Son, born to us for our salvation. Amen.

Romans 5:1-2; Romans 15:13

Dear Lord Jesus, this is the season for giving, because You first gave to us. What can I give You? ... How simple it would be if I could purchase one gift, a really special gift, wrap it, give it, and be through. But no, I can not buy You a gift, can I? It isn't that simple. ... You want me to totally surrender my life to You. You want me to re-commit myself to You every day of the year. For You, Christmas was total involvement forever, wasn't it? That too, is the gift You want from me, one that only I can give. Oh Lord, help me to love You enough to want to give You this gift.

In Your holy name I pray.

Amen.

© 2000 by D. L. Hammond, Permission to copy granted for noncommercial use.

My Father, may I remember that the days of my life that I give over to grief can never be reclaimed. Help me that I may not want to keep sorrow in my life, but with faith may I believe that "weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning." Amen.

God our Father, amidst the busy-ness and noise of daily life, I ask you to bring it home to me how much I need time and quiet for myself, in which I can become more attuned with myself and more at one with you, my God. As I am then able to grow more in your image and likeness and be re-created, inspire me to be creative and develop to the full the talents you have given me for the benefit of those people you place into my life. Amen.

The Knitting of Hearts

Colossians 2:1-3

Dear Father, encourager,

Encourage our hearts and knit them together in love with the heart of Jesus and the hearts of every other child of yours!

Give us all the riches of knowing and understanding of what you had formerly kept secret, the Good News about Jesus Christ, for in him you have hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge. Give us firm assurance in him.

Whatever new dimension or unfolding of your grace that shall come, it will be, I am convinced, a disclosure of the good things originally hidden in Christ. Help us to know it when we see it.

In the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

Dear Father, please help me. Today I find myself not in a good place. My heart is heavy with worry and I feel sadness almost too much to bear. Please give me the strength to get through this.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: