View Single Post
Old 02-05-2014, 11:34 AM   #6
bluidkiti
Administrator

February 6

Prayer to Do God’s Will

Oh Lord God, Father Almighty who created me and everything I see and enjoy, blessed and beautiful Jesus, love of my heart, bounteous Holy Spirit of God who is so kind as to be with me and comfort me whenever I ask, I thank you for all that I am and all that I have had in my life. Thy will be done, my God. I ask only that you let me know your will for me, for I am often confused or conflicted, and I seek your guidance. Knowing your will for me, let me be anxious for nothing. And I pray for the strength, the power and the energy, to accomplish your purpose. All glory be to you, one God: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, who was before time and will be forever, Amen.

Lord, I thank you for your steadfastness. You will never leave me nor forsake me. You are always with me. You sent the Holy Spirit to be my Comforter, Counselor, Helper, Advocate, Intercessor, Strengthener, Teacher and Guide. I resist fear; I will not be dismayed because you uphold me with your victorious right hand in the name of Jesus.

Dear Lord, "I asked for power, that I might have the praise of men; I was given weakness, that I might feel the need of God!" ... Oh Lord, we each need to be humbled at times, for it is easy, especially for those in positions of power, to have an excessive estimate of their own self-worth. ... Forgive me, Lord, in my own circumstance, if I get carried away and develop an exaggerated opinion of my authority. Help me, Lord, to keep a proper understanding of WHO YOU ARE, and who I am. ... Remind all who are in positions of leadership, whether in government, business, teaching or parenting, that we each have a duty to lead responsibly, and to set a good example for others to follow. ... Oh Lord, help me in reading this prayer to acknowledge Your sovereignty, Your superior knowledge, Your love and concern for me, and my need to seek Your guidance each day.

In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

© 1996 by D. L. Hammond, Permission to copy granted for noncommercial use.

Lord God, may I not only feel the need of thee when I am burdened with sorrow and care, but may I have need of thee in my pleasures and joys. I thank thee for thy gracious kindness, thy mercy and thy protection. Amen.

“A Prayer For Endurance During Trials”

Father, we pray that You will help us to grow in Your grace and knowledge, that we will continue to mature in our Christian walk. Scripture, repeatedly, indicates that spiritual maturity is a result of enduring trials of various kinds. In the midst of these trials Your soft prompting or guidance through Scripture, through other believers, and through the circumstances we face can easily be ignored when self gets in the way. Today we make every effort to add to our faith those characteristics that will sustain and grow us in our Christian walk. In doing so we will be effective and productive in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ, during times of ease but even more so during times of difficulty. Keep us faithful and keep us growing, in the name of Jesus we pray. Amen.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: