View Single Post
Old 02-08-2014, 09:59 AM   #9
bluidkiti
Administrator

February 9

Call to Sunday Worship

O Lord, I beseech you mercifully to hear my prayers, and the prayers of all your people who call upon you; and grant that we may both perceive and know what things we ought to do, and also may have grace and power faithfully to fulfill them; through Jesus Christ your Son our Lord, who is alive and reigns with you, in the unity of the Holy Spirit, one God, now and forever. Amen.

Prayer to Walk with Christ This Week

Dear Heavenly Father, I am learning to understand what your word says. Yet so often I simply hear it or read it and think about applying it, but get no further. I want to do it and intend to do it Lord, but it is gone from my mind so easily. I am deceiving myself if I simply hear it and do not make it a part of my life.

Please help me today, and throughout the coming week, to take one truth and apply it to my circumstances. Let your Holy Spirit nudge me and remind me throughout every day. I know that as I apply what your word says I will find freedom. Please show me what I need to focus on right where I walk today, Father. Help me to be intent on practicing what you reveal to me. I know there is blessing in doing things your way. I give you my will today and this week, to want to do what you show me. In the name of Jesus, Amen.

I pray that I may be blessed every step of my path this day by the great God of light. May your sun shine upon me; as the moon moves the tide, may your Spirit move my emotions with every grace and magic; may my heart sing with the voice of your angels and my hearth be warm; and may this and every blessed day You have given me be filled with joy. Amen.

Dear Heavenly Father, help me to realize that You have a purpose for me right where I am, whether happy or depressed, secure or frightened, well or ill, going forward or marking time. There is always something for me to learn, or something I can do for You, Lord. You can use me every day of my life! Show me how, Lord, show me how.

In Jesus' name I pray.

Amen.
© 1999 by D. L. Hammond, Permission to copy granted for noncommercial use.

Lord, you have enriched our lives in many ways, and we remember with thanksgiving all who have loved, cared for, and supported us over the years. Show us how best to use the time and talents you have given each of us, and lead us to grow in appreciation of the contribution that others make. May your Spirit empower us to work well with others and bring out the best in those with whom we share our lives. Amen.

He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High, who abides in the shadow of the Almighty, will say to the Lord, "My refuge and my fortress; my God, in whom I trust." Psalm 91:1–2, RSV

Lord our God, we come into your presence, for you are our certainty, our refuge, especially in these times when so much is happening to grieve and trouble us. You are our God and our Savior today and for all time. You have always been our Savior and helper, and you will remain our Savior and helper forever. We praise you and glorify your name. Give a new spirit in our day, we pray, new help through the gospel brought by Jesus Christ. May your name be kept holy, your kingdom come, and your will be done on earth as in heaven. Amen.

Dear Lord, please help me through today. Help me share your wisdom and glory with others so they may benefit from your love.

Dear heavenly Father, I am grateful that You speak to us in many different ways. Thank you for using our elders to speak to us. Help me not only to hear what You are saying, but to also obey what You are saying. Lord, help me to also spend more time studying and meditating on Your Words in the Bible. I know that as I do this, I will have the answers to my problems. I also thank you for encouraging me in Your Word. Lord, bless my family and friends today and may they hear a Word from You. Speak to all of us so that we might be led by the Spirit of God today. I ask in the name of Jesus. Amen.

Prayer of Thanks
Ralph Waldo Emerson
For each new morning with its light,
For rest and shelter of the night,
For health and food,
For love and friends,
For everything Thy goodness sends.
Father in heaven,
We thank thee.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: