View Single Post
Old 02-11-2014, 08:29 AM   #12
bluidkiti
Administrator

February 12

Prayer for the Morning

Oh Lord, most heavenly Father, Almighty and everlasting God, who has safely brought me to the beginning of this day; I give you thanks for my creation, preservation, and all the blessings of my life. Grant that this day I fall into no sin, neither run into any kind of danger; but that all my doings, being governed by your will, may be righteous in your sight. Through Christ our Lord, I pray. Amen.

Chosen by God

LORD, your Word says that we are to be holy to you, because you are holy, and you have set us apart to be yours. LORD, thank you for choosing us as your treasured possession. You live in us, and walk among us. You are our GOD and we are your people – the sheep of your pasture. We are running over with thanksgiving because you are our Father, and we are your sons and daughters. We will keep our way pure by reading and living according to your Word in the name of Jesus. Amen.

God our Father, open our eyes that we may sense the wonder and awe in the splendour of all your creation - from the stars that are large and far away, to people and the tiniest creatures near us each day. Help us to become more aware of how every living thing is special and to be treated well. Lead us to respect and value every person as unique and important, made in your image and likeness. We ask this prayer through Jesus, who became a human being because you love our world so much. Amen.

Nevertheless do not rejoice in this, that the spirits are subject to you; but rejoice that your names are written in heaven. Luke 10:20, RSV

Dear Father in heaven, we thank you with all our hearts for showing your power in us and for overcoming so much that is hostile and that threatens to harm our life. We thank you for the countless wonders you do for our sake. We rejoice and thank you most of all for allowing us to know that you are writing our names in heaven. Where our names are, there we are too. Where our Lord Jesus Christ is, there we want to be too, and our words and our actions should come from him. Keep us faithful in this, and let us serve you with gladness on every path we tread. Amen.

Dear Father, thank you for today. Please give me wisdom and guidance to help those who are in need. Please grant me the patience and understanding to deal with those who are less forgiving, for they are the ones who need help the most.

Dear heavenly Father, thank you for giving me the Bible so I can understand Your ways. I also appreciate You giving me the understanding of the verses I read and study. Help me to live my live in accordance with Your Word. Please warn me Lord, when I am straying so that I can stay right on course with You. Help me to be disciplined to read and study the Bible daily. I need this discipline in my prayer life too. Please guide me as I read and guide my prayers so that I might pray the things that are on Your heart. I ask this in the name of Jesus. Amen.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: