View Single Post
Old 12-02-2013, 11:30 AM   #3
bluidkiti
Administrator

December 3

Now, oh Lord, I pray that you may lift up the light of your countenance upon me, and give me peace; in my going out and in my coming in; in my sitting down and my rising up; in my work and in my play; in my joy and in my sorrow, in my laughter and in my tears; until that day comes which is without dawn and without dark. Amen.

Lord God, wilt thou reveal to me my weakness if I may be insincere; and give me the strength that I lack to keep me true. May I not take advantage of the ignorant, or thoughtlessly lead the innocent into temptation. Grant that I may be a trustful and kind friend. Amen.

And you, my child, will be called a prophet of the Most High; for you will go on before the Lord to prepare the way for him, to give his people the knowledge of salvation through the forgiveness of their sins, because of the tender mercy of our God, by which the rising sun will come to us from heaven to shine on those living in darkness and in the shadow of death, to guide our feet into the path of peace. Luke 1:76–79, NIV

Lord our God, we thank you that you let light shine out every day and every year. Thank you that we may always look to you, whose right hand will bring order into everything and set all things right, even in difficult times. May our hearts receive strength to persevere and go on praising you, for you remain, no matter what happens on earth. You are our God, you have sent us the Savior, and we can draw close to you. You have made us the firm promise that your day is coming when truth and justice will arise on earth to the glory of your name. May the hearts of many people turn to you so that they worship you and call to you for help, to the glory of our Savior Jesus Christ. Amen.

“A Prayer For Spiritual Transformation”

Father, the question in the old hymn asks, “What can wash away my sins?” The correct reply is “Nothing but the blood of Jesus.” Only You can take a heart that is bent toward sin and completely turn it toward godliness. Thank You for Your redemptive love, seen in the death and resurrection of Your Son, that forgives my heart of sin. You take away the sinful way of thinking that leads to sinful living and replace it with a spiritual way of thinking that leads to life through Your Spirit. Master, the touch of Your hand empowers me to be transformed into newness of life, for which I will be eternally grateful. Amen.

Dear Lord, please help me remember that where there is love there is life.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: