View Single Post
Old 12-03-2013, 09:00 AM   #4
bluidkiti
Administrator

December 4

Prayer for Personal Conduct (from 1 Timothy)

Lord God, I pray that this day my conduct will be like that you have set for your clergy: Above reproach. May I be this day temperate, sensible, respectable, hospitable, able to teach, not given to drunkenness, and not violent, but gentle. May I never be quarrelsome, always seeking peace even in disagreement, and may my love be for you and my fellow man, not for money. I pray that I manage my own household well. If I have any children in my charge, I pray to that I may take the time to see that they are in control and behaving with proper respect. Grant me a good reputation with outsiders, so that I will not fall into disgrace and the snare of the devil. This I pray through my Lord Christ, whose love and attention ever gave us an example of conduct, Amen.

Blessing of Mark

O Sovereign and almighty Lord, bless all your people, and all your flock. Give your peace, your help, and your love unto us your servants, the sheep of your fold, that we may be united in the bond of peace and love, one body and one spirit, in one hope of our calling, in your divine and boundless love. Amen.

From the Liturgy of Mark, 2d Century A.D.

We pray today, Father, for the injured and sick who are still suffering from the after-effects of man-made or natural disasters. We pray that those who have responsibilities may have a “feeling” for others and so grow in care and respect for those whose lives they may influence. For ourselves and those that we care for, lead us to make our choices wisely, and accept responsibility for our own lives and for our choices and actions and their consequences. Amen.

Content in All Circumstances

Philippians 4:11-13

Sovereign Lord of all things, Abba, dear Father,

I will not complain of want, for I have learned in whatever condition I am to be content. I know how to be abased, and I know how to abound.

In any and all circumstances I have learned the secret of facing plenty and hunger, abundance and want.

I can do all things through you, the God who strengthens me!

Holy God, Abba, Father, you are my all-sufficient strength, and throughout eternity you will be everything I need or want!

In the name of Jesus, for whom you were everything, and who taught me also to let you be my everything! Amen.

“A Prayer Of Thanks To The Rock Of Ages”

Father, when water surges around me or the sand sinks under me Jesus is the immovable and impenetrable eternal Rock on which I can stand. In the midst of trouble He keeps me safe in the cleft of the rock. There no enemy can devour me while I am sheltered, protected and resting in Him. It is in this special place that I find refuge, comfort, protection and rest. Thank You for this precious provision of security and assurance. Amen.

Since you have kept my command to endure patiently, I will also keep you from the hour of trial that is going to come on the whole world to test the inhabitants of the earth. I am coming soon. Hold on to what you have, so that no one will take your crown. Revelation 3:10–11, NIV

Lord our God, strengthen our hearts today through your Word. You are our Father and we are your children, and we want to trust you in every aspect of our lives. Protect us on all our ways, and grant that we may always watch and wait for the coming of your kingdom, for the future of our Lord Jesus Christ. Keep us from becoming confused by presentday events. Help us to remain free, that we may serve you and not be led astray, no matter what happens in the world. Grant us your Holy Spirit in everything, for without your Spirit we can do nothing. Help us, and accept our praise for the many ways you have given us help. Amen.

Dear heavenly Father, thank you so much for instructing us in our business relationships. Lord, may we serve one another in love, regardless of our position. If we are working, serving our employer, may we be the best employee we can be, by realizing that our service to them is also our service to You. If we serve in the capacity of a boss, then may we be one who is just, fair and honest in all of our ways, treating our employees with kindness and respect. Lord, we invite You into our workplaces and businesses. May our work be holy work because You are there. I ask this in the name of Jesus. Amen.

Thank you, Heavenly Father, that in the middle of the sadness, the anger, the uncertainty, the pain, I can talk to you. Hear me as I cry out in confusion, help me to think clearly, and calm my soul. As life carries on, may I know your presence with me each and every day. And as I look to the future, help me to look for fresh opportunities, for new directions. Guide me by your Spirit, and show me your path, through Jesus, the way, the truth and the life. Amen.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: