View Single Post
Old 12-04-2013, 10:08 AM   #5
bluidkiti
Administrator

December 5

Prayer To Do God's Will Today

Thy will be done. Dear God, I am full of the sound of my own voice, that lump of pride deep within me that will not go away, no matter how I try. Give me the strength through the power of your Holy Spirit to hear your voice and follow it, fighting the temptation to sin that bubbles up inside me whenever my mind strays from you.

Thy will be done. Thy will be done. Thy will be done.

You have commanded us to love one another, this I know without doubt. And yet all day I am filled with judgments, with resentments, with anger that sneaks in and grabs me when I am not paying attention to you. I pray dear God, that you will soften my heart to my fellow humans, no matter how sinfully they may act, and leave the judging to you, as you have commanded. Fill me with acceptance in place of judgment, sympathy in place of anger, faith in place of resentment. For my judgments and anger are the creatures of pride.

May I do thy will this day, in the name of Christ I pray. Amen.

Prayer in Times of Low Spirits (from Psalm 42)

Like a deer thirsts for the water of a clear cool stream, my soul thirsts for you, my God. I await with longing the day when I may finally appear before you. I sometimes become unhappy; my spirit becomes downcast, as my enemies deny you and mock me; and yet, always, I discover the joy of your Spirit and turn my face to you, and you heal me. By day you command my steadfast love, and by night your song comes to me. The wickedness of the world taunts me and evil people put a bullet in my back, saying “Where is your God”? But why are you in turmoil, oh my soul? My hope is in God. I will turn again to you, my Lord, and praise you, my salvation and my God. Amen.

(from the Epistle of Jude)

Now all glory to you, great God, who is able to keep us from falling away and will bring us with great joy into your glorious presence without a single fault. All glory to you who alone are God, our Savior through Jesus Christ our Lord. All glory, majesty, power, and authority are yours before all time, and in the present, and beyond all time! Amen.

Families

Father, I thank You for blessing us with good tidings. I lift my voice with strength and stand unafraid as I behold You for You are my God. I thank You for our rewards in Christ Jesus. Father, You feed us like a good shepherd. Thank You for keeping my family safe, for gathering us in your arms and carrying us in Your bosom. We submit to Your gentle leading, in the name of Jesus. Amen. (Prayers That Avail Much First Blessings for Your Child)

Isaiah 40:9-10

Dear Lord, help me to weed out the errors in my life, the petty hurts, the small jealousies, and the deep-seated resentments that block the flow of Your Spirit. ... Help me to forgive and to forget. For You have said that You can not forgive me until I first forgive others. It's my move, Lord, isn't it? Help me to be a truly forgiving person.

In Jesus' name I pray.

Amen.

© 2000 by D. L. Hammond, Permission to copy granted for noncommercial use.

My Father, I thank thee for life. Make me sensitive to the unseen influences that bring thy messages. May I be led where great riches may be found through small kindnesses, and where I may learn from the meek the beauty of earth. Amen.

Loving Father, we ask you to show us how to level any ‘mountains’ we might have of feeling ‘superior’ or ‘better’ than others, or of making judgements about people. Raise us from any ‘valleys’ of despair or a poor self-image or a sense of worthlessness. Lift us up from whatever kind of poverty may affect our lives. Lift us up, we pray, from anything that makes us less than fully human. Raise us from sinfulness, and lead us to prepare a straight path for the coming anew into our lives of Jesus, your Son. Amen.

Sowing Faith, Hope, Love

Colossians 1:3-5

Dear Father, God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,

We thank you for every brother and sister, young and old, who has faith in our Lord Jesus Christ and who is learning to love all your saints because of the hope that is laid up for us in heaven.

Thank you for letting us hear about this abiding faith, hope, and love in your word.

Thank you that your Word was proclaimed to us.

In the name of Jesus I pray. Amen.

A Prayer Of Thanks For Christ’s All Sufficient Merit”

Gracious Father, through no merits of our own, but on account of Your great compassion, we are redeemed and receive full benefits as Your children. For while we were still helpless and living in sin, Jesus demonstrated His love for us when He died for our sins. No treasure or gift can compare with the gift of salvation freely given to all who will receive Your Son who did not come to condemn the world but came that the world through Him might be saved. Thank You for accepting the all-sufficient merit of Jesus who gave His all-sufficient mercy that we might be completely forgiven and receive eternal life. Amen.

Then the sovereignty, power and greatness of all the kingdoms under heaven will be handed over to the holy people of the Most High. His kingdom will be an everlasting kingdom, and all rulers will worship and obey him. Daniel 7:27, NIV

Lord our God, dear Father, you have made yourself known on earth so that we may love you and be loved by you. Give us your Spirit, we pray. Give us your Spirit to strengthen us in the life and work you offer us. Watch over us on all our ways. Wherever your children are sighing and calling for you, protect and guide them with your mighty hand. Let your kingdom spread over the whole world, over all men, over all races and nations, that we may become united as servants of Jesus Christ to your honor. Amen.

Dear Father, grant me the wisdom to understand that it is never too late to be what I dreamt I would be.

Dear heavenly Father, I come to You, asking that You deliver me from all pride and anger. I truly want to be like Jesus, who was meek and lowly. Father, help me to remain humble and always be willing to assume the place of a servant. May I always be sensitive to the needs of others and look for ways to help them. I am reminded in Your Word that we are told, by love, we are to serve one another. Fill me with Your love, so that I might love those around me and serve them as You would. I ask this in the name of Jesus. Amen.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: