View Single Post
Old 12-06-2013, 09:10 AM   #7
bluidkiti
Administrator

December 7

Concerning Forgiveness

Father, I ask you to help me to be generous when I think of the attitude and actions of others. Forgiving someone isn't an easy option, and I know that forgiveness isn't somehow pretending that something wrong hasn't happened. For what I have done wrong, forgive me Father, to the extent that I am generous in forgiving - or hoping to forgive - those who have done wrong to me. Amen.

I pray that I may be blessed every step of my path this day by the great God of light. May your sun shine upon me; as the moon moves the tide, may your Spirit move my emotions with every grace and magic; may my heart sing with the voice of your angels and my hearth be warm; and may this and every blessed day You have given me be filled with joy. Amen.

Dear Lord, it is my call, isn't it? When I feel buffeted about by the problems and the stress of life, my self-esteem often starts to slip away. At such times, help me to stop and remember that how I react to my problems or hurts from others is really my choice, isn't it? I can choose to have a prolonged "pity-party," or I can remember that when I accepted You as my Lord and Savior, You initiated Your unique plan for my life! Have I forgotten that You said that If I walk closely with You, seeking Your will, that Your Holy Spirit will give me the strength and wisdom needed to deal with my problems? ... You really want me to "count it all joy"* and to learn from my experiences. ... I can find inner peace, and I can be happy - it is my call! Help me Lord, for I am often weak.

In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

* (See James 1:2-7)

© 2005 by D. L. Hammond, Permission to copy granted for noncommercial use.

God our Father, we thank you that in the vastness of your creation there is something special about the beauty of this earth. Into our world which you love so much Jn 3 16 you sent Jesus, your Son - your Word who became a human being Jn 1 14 and made his home among us. Breathe your Holy Spirit into us once again that we may grow in a sense of wonder and proclaim to be good all that you have made. Gen 1 31 May we live more fully as brothers and sisters of one another and of Jesus, your Son. Amen.

Filled with Knowledge

Colossians 1:9-10

Dear Father,

Help me and all of your people everywhere to be filled with complete knowledge of what you want, in all wisdom and spiritual understanding.

Keep stirring up my spirit to make me want to lead a life worthy of the Lord Jesus Christ, a full life because it is fully pleasing to him.

May I bear fruit in every good work. May I daily increase in my knowledge of you.

In the name of Jesus, our awesome Lord. Amen.

“A Prayer For Keeping Grace”

Father, I am very grateful for Your continual guidance in my life and for Your steadying hand when the foundations are shaken. Lead me to the towering rock of safety, for You are my safe refuge. In Your presence I find renewed hope, resurging strength and safety beneath the shelter of Your wings! Your unfailing love will uphold me and Your sovereign presence will never leave me nor forsake me. What joyous blessings these promises unfold in my life day by day as You will never lead me where Your grace cannot keep me. Thank You for Jesus in whose name we pray! Amen.

Dear Father, grant me the wisdom to understand that it is not material things but love that truly matters.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: