View Single Post
Old 12-06-2013, 09:25 AM   #8
bluidkiti
Administrator

December 8

Prayer for Sunday Worship

O God, who makes us glad with the weekly remembrance of the glorious resurrection of your Son our Lord Jesus Christ; Give me this day such blessings through my worship of you, that the days to come may be spent in your service; through the same Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

Prayer of Penitence

My God, I am sorry for my sins with all my heart. In choosing to do wrong and failing to do good, I have sinned against You whom I should love above all things. I firmly intend, with Your help, to do penance, to sin no more, and to avoid whatever leads me to sin. Our Savior Jesus Christ suffered and died for us. In His name, my God, have mercy. Amen.

Now to him who is able to keep us from stumbling and to present ourselves blameless before the presence of his glory with great joy, to the only God, our Savior, through Jesus Christ our Lord, be glory, majesty, dominion, and authority, before all time and now and forever. Amen.

Rejoice

Father, we rejoice because we have been justified by faith, and have peace with You through our Lord Jesus Christ. By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God. We shout glory to God in the heavenly heights, peace to all men and women on earth who please You. This is the day that You have made and we rejoice in You, God our Savior in the name of Jesus. Amen.

Romans 5:1-2; Luke 2:14

Dear Lord Jesus, calmness can be mine in the "busy-ness" of this Christmas season if I set aside time to be with You. Peace can be mine in my heart when I truly trust You, and joy can be mine when I share Your love with others. ... Even though darkness surrounds me, let me remember to walk in Your Light, secure in Your faithfulness. Help me to truly sense this in my spirit.

In Your holy name I pray.

Amen.

© 2000 by D. L. Hammond, Permission to copy granted for noncommercial use.

Lord God, help me to take in the glory of life, that my spirit may never be lonely, even though I may have to be much alone. I pray that thou wilt spare me the loneliness and the solitude that may be brought on by selfishness. Make me considerate of others. May I soar above the disappointments and losses that may come to me, and stay where I may have thy companionship. Amen.

Strengthened with Power

Colossians 1:11-14

Dear Father, in whom there is no darkness at all,

Strengthen me with all power, according to your great might, so that I can both endure and be patient, even having great joy while enduring, always giving thanks to you, my heavenly Father.

Please qualify me to share in the inheritance in the light of your dedicated and holy people.

Thank you for rescuing me from the realm of darkness and putting me safely into the kingdom of Jesus, the dear Son whom you love, and whom I love, through whom I have my redemption, the forgiveness of sins.

In the name of Jesus, our awesome Lord. Amen.

Dear Father, grant me the wisdom to understand that it is not what in front of me that matters, but the actions I take.

Dear heavenly Father, thank you for giving us the Holy Bible. Give me a desire to study Your Word. Cleanse me from all error and renew my mind. Lord, I desire to know the truth, even if it means correction and admitting that I have been wrong. Change my thoughts and heart to be like Your thoughts and heart. Father, give me a teachable spirit. Take my desires, dreams and visions and give me Yours. Cleanse me from all that offends you. Create within me a clean heart, O Lord. I ask this in the name of Jesus. Amen.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: