View Single Post
Old 12-08-2013, 10:25 AM   #9
bluidkiti
Administrator

December 9

Prayer for the Morning

Heavenly Lord, you have brought me to the beginning of a new day. As the world is renewed fresh and clean, so I ask you to renew my heart with your strength and purpose. Forgive me the errors of yesterday and bless me to walk closer in your way today. This is the day I begin my life anew; shine through me so that every person I meet may feel your presence in my soul. Take my hand, precious Lord, for I cannot make it by myself. Through Christ I pray and live, Amen.

Oh God Almighty, send me Your light and truth, to keep this day and all the days of my life. And may Your mighty hand protect me, and all my brothers and sisters who have joined me in prayer this day, blessing our homes and our lives. Amen.

Rejoice

Father, we rejoice because we have been justified by faith, and have peace with You through our Lord Jesus Christ. By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God. We shout glory to God in the heavenly heights, peace to all men and women on earth who please You. This is the day that You have made and we rejoice in You, God our Savior in the name of Jesus. Amen.

Romans 5:1-2; Luke 2:14

Dear Lord Jesus, as Christians everywhere look forward to celebrating Your birthday, remind me to take time in the midst of all the hurried preparations to see Your Presence in a hundred different ways - the song of a bird; the brilliant hues of a sunrise or sunset; the encouragement of a friend; the hug of a mate, a parent or a child; the finding of something misplaced; an answer to prayer or a miracle healing. Oh Lord, Your Presence is everywhere - open my eyes that I may see, and give You thanks! ... You want my life to be an adventure in faith; and Your faithfulness and love give me courage and purpose. Let me not miss all that You have for me.

In Your holy name I pray. Amen.

© 2005 by D. L. Hammond, Permission to copy granted for noncommercial use.

Gracious Father, help me to understand that my life grows out of what I put into my days. Forgive me for the unspoken words and the kind deeds which I kept for rare days, and had so few occasions to use. May I be as useful in kindness as I am in work, remembering that to thee every day is a golden day. Amen.

Dear heavenly Father, thank you for Your promise of provision for our needs. Lord, deliver me from any concern or worry about what I shall eat or wear, for I know You will take care of me. Lord, give me the grace and faith I need to trust You to meet all of my needs. Forgive me when I have been wasteful or careless and help me to be a good steward over all that You have entrusted to me. Lord, may I be as the Apostle Paul -- content with a little or a lot. I lean on Your strength to overcome all situations I face, and I am confident that I shall have the victory in Christ's name. Amen.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: