View Single Post
Old 12-10-2013, 07:25 AM   #11
bluidkiti
Administrator

December 11

Prayer to Resist Temptation

Holy God, You know the temptations that I am facing today. But your Word promises that I will not be tempted beyond what I can bear.

Help me, heavenly Father, to stand up against sin, to resist whatever temptation I may encounter this day, in whatever form it may come. Your Word promises that you will provide a way out of any temptation, and I pray to be able to find it and to have the wisdom to use it, and to walk away when temptation arises. All thanks be to you, O Lord, for you are a faithful deliverer; and I can count on your help in my time of need. Amen.

Oh Lord Jesus Christ, who said to your apostles, “Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you”; I pray that I and your whole church, the body of all faithful people, will know your peace, and live in harmony and unity, one with another, in accordance with your wishes. This I pray to you, who lives and reigns forever. Amen.

Rest

Father, I come to you in the name of Jesus, and find rest for my weary soul. Thank you for easing, relieving and refreshing me. Your yoke is wholesome—not harsh, hard, sharp or pressing, but comfortable, gracious and pleasant; your burden is light and easy to be borne. I cast my burden on you [releasing the weight of it] and you sustain me. You will never allow me to be moved—made to slip or fail, in the name of Jesus. Amen. (Strength to Overcome Cares and Burdens, Daily Prayers That Avail Much Commemorative Edition)

Matthew 11:28-30; Psalm 55:22; I Peter 5:9

Dear Lord, "as a man thinks in his heart, so he is;"* so then let me always think of You. Let me realize that it is not so much asking You to make me over, as it is living with You, letting You abide in me, talking with You, and letting Your presence permeate my whole being, that will transform my life. ... Oh Lord, strengthen my desire to make You the center of my life.

In Jesus' name I pray.

Amen.

* (See Prov. 23:7)

© 2000 by D. L. Hammond, Permission to copy granted for noncommercial use.

My Father, may I never be content to pass by thy beautiful offerings and keep on in wretched despair. Save me if I may 'be inclining toward misery. Give me the spirit of repose, and help me to confide in thee as I daily seek the strength of thy love. Amen.

“A Prayer Of Thanks For God’s Sustaining Power”

Loving Father, I am full of gratitude today as I consider Your abiding presence in my life, day in and day out. When events in my life shake the very foundations of who I am or the path before me is unclear I gain courage and direction when I remember the inspirational words of Moses, *“The Lord is the One who will go before you. He will be with you; He will not leave you or forsake you. Do not be afraid or discouraged.” You sustain me in my wilderness journeyings and even if others forsake me, You remain faithful. Remarkable as it seems, even if I am faithless, You will remain faithful, for You cannot deny Yourself. Thank You for being my Supreme Savior and the Sustainer of my soul, my hope and my joy. In the name of Jesus I pray Amen.”

See Deuteronomy 31:8

Keep me safe, my God, for in you I take refuge. I say to the Lord, "You are my Lord; apart from you I have no good thing. Psalm 16:1–2, NIV

Dear Father in heaven, look on us as your children, and grant that we may feel in you the highest good for time and eternity. Even if we have to deny ourselves and make great sacrifices, you remain our treasure, our riches, our love, and our joy. Give us strength as a gathered people ready to serve you. Grant us your Spirit whenever we do not understand what we should do. Shelter us always in your hands, and allow us to see your miracles in souls and in bodies. For you are our God, the Almighty, and you find the way to help in everything. Amen.

Dear Father, help me remember that love begins with me. Give me the wisdom to understand that it is not what I do, but the love that I put into what I do that matters.

The Lord's Prayer
Our Father, who art in heaven,
hallowed be thy Name,
thy kingdom come,
thy will be done,
on earth as it is in heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those
who trespass against us.

And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.

For thine is the kingdom,
and the power, and the glory,
for ever and ever. Amen.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: