View Single Post
Old 07-02-2014, 07:57 AM   #3
yukonm
Administrator

July 2

AA 'Big Book' - Quote

I was not too well at the time, and was plagued by waves of self-pity and resentment. This sometimes nearly drove me back to drink, but I soon found that when all other measures failed, work with another alcoholic would save the day. Many times I have gone to my old hospital in despair. On talking to a man there, I would be amazingly lifted up and set on my feet. It is a design for living that works in rough going. - Pg. 15 - Bill's Story

Hour To Hour - Book - Quote

Although we don't know it, there is a cloud over our brains in the first days. It takes just about 30 days for this drug cloud to lift from our thinking. Any time now, this cloud will leave and our vision will become clearer than it has been in years.

May my eyes clear, my mind clear, my desires clear as I begin my clean and sober days.

Reinvestment

I have been through a journey of forgiveness. I've faced my anger and hurt and brought order and clarity to my inner world. I've accepted the things I cannot change and changed the things that I could. Because I've shown the courage to face my inner demons and look them in the eye, I feel stronger and more competent. Forgiveness of my self and others has offered me a way out of pain and confusion, and now I find I have a renewed interest in life. I see things differently. I feel liberated from something that was tying up me energy. And I recognize and accept my own humanity, and the humanity of others. I am ready and willing to reinvest in the ideal of love. I want to find worthy projects and passions, and put my energy toward them. I have something to give to the world and the world has something to give to me. I am right where I am supposed to be and I've met the challenges of my life. I am ready to live.

I invest my energy with care and gusto.

- Tian Dayton PhD

Pocket Sponsor - Book - Quote

Don't let the therapeutically 'correct' way to run a group hijack your meeting. Leaders are reluctant to cut a newcomer off for fear of shaming their inner child, rejecting them, or appearing to be mean. We are not therapy and we can't share with them if they can't listen.

I do not let the newcomer's inner child run our meetings. This is not play therapy.

"Walk Softly and Carry a Big Book" - Book

God does not want me to do extraordinary things; He wants me to do ordinary things extraordinarily well.

Time for Joy - Book - Quote

I am accepting myself just as I am, imperfections and all. I am not striving to be perfect today. I only want to grow, to change, to become more and more open and let God and love be in charge of my life.

Alkiespeak - Book - Quote

You can tell an alcoholic - but you can't tell him much. Anon.

One Day At A Time

yukonm is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to yukonm For Sharing: