View Single Post
Old 12-13-2013, 07:43 AM   #14
bluidkiti
Administrator

December 14

Morning Praise

Blessed are you, Lord God: Blessed are you for ever. Holy is your name: Blessed are you for ever. Great is your mercy for your people. In the morning I cry out to you: Blessed are you for ever.

Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, I praise you and give you glory: I bless you for calling me to be one of your holy people. Remain in my heart, and guide me in my love and service all of this day. Help me to shine your light before others and lead them to the way of faith. Holy Trinity of love, I praise you now and for ever. Amen.

Glory to God whose power, working in us, can do infinitely more than we can ask or imagine: Glory to God from generation to generation in the church and in the world, and in Christ Jesus for ever and ever. Amen.

Praise the name of the Lord

Father, I will praise You with my whole heart…I will worship toward Your holy temple, and praise Your name for Your lovingkindness and Your truth: for You have magnified Your word above all Your name. Praise the name of the Lord! Amen.

Psalm 138:1-2

Dear Lord Jesus, remind me that Christmas can be a happy time for families, or it can be a sad time for those who are alone, separated by miles, or threats of war, or divorce or circumstances. ... In whatever category I fit, help me to see that I can be as happy as my soul* will let me be. The choice is mine, isn't it? No matter what my circumstances, the choice of attitude is still mine. There are always blessings to be counted. Help me to realize that because You lived, I can receive Your gifts of faith and salvation, and the comfort and guidance of the Holy Spirit - gifts for 365 days of every year, truly the greatest gifts of all.

In Your name I pray. Amen.

* (Mind, will and emotions)

© 2005 by D. L. Hammond, Permission to copy granted for noncommercial use.

Gracious Father, keep me cheerful and courageous, that I may not be given to weary murmurings. May my hours of solitude be spent profitably as they pass. Grant that I may be a help to those who are in need of sympathy and encouragement, and through the peace that is given to me help them to a tranquil life. Amen.

God our Father, at this time of year we think of loved ones, and remember with gratitude what others have done for us. As the stars shone over Bethlehem, so may we shine in the world like bright stars Phil 2 15 as we share the Word of Life - Jesus, your Son, your Word amongst us. Jn 1 14 Amen

Blessing of Grace

Colossians 1:28-29

Dear Father, source of our energy,

We do hope in you because our Lord lives his life through us and blesses others through the genuine love which he gives.

Grant us to proclaim him, warning and teaching everyone in all wisdom, so that we can present people mature in Christ.

Grant that we may strive for this with all the energy which you mightily inspire within us.

All good things are from you. There is no blessing except by your grace. We live and rejoice because of you!

In the name of Jesus I ask. Amen.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: