View Single Post
Old 12-04-2013, 10:09 AM   #6
bluidkiti
Administrator

December 6

Thanks for the Word of God

I thank you, loving God, that we have the Scriptures to search and may find in them eternal life; that they are given by your inspiration in total truth, and the profit of salvation we may gain from them. I give thanks for all those who toiled to preserve your Word for our learning, that through patience and comfort of the Bible we may have hope and a light of prophecy and truth, as sure as a bright light shining in the darkness; and that on the most ordinary day, both I and any other person who seeks you may hear in my own tongue the mighty works you have done. Amen.

If you are with me, O God, who can be against me? For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate me from the love of God in Christ Jesus my Lord. Amen.

Praise

Father, You are worthy of all praise. We praise You for Your mighty acts, according to Your excellent greatness. We will praise You in the sanctuary with instruments and with the dance; with stringed instruments and organs; with cymbals and high-sounding cymbals. As long as we have breath, we will praise You, Father God, in the Holy Name of Jesus. You are a mighty God! Hallelujah!

Psalm 150:1-6

Dear Heavenly Father, remind me that Your Word says that I must come as a little child, asking trustingly for Your help, not just in crises but in the "everydayness" of finding lost articles, or a parking space. ... If I think that You would not be interested in such mundane things, am I not making You conform to my own design? If I think that I shouldn't bother You, have I ever really understood Your love, or known You as a real Father? Forgive me, Lord, for not realizing that "living in Your presence" means in all things and at all times.

In Jesus' holy name I pray.

Amen.
© 2000 by D. L. Hammond, Permission to copy granted for noncommercial use.

Harvesting Faith, Hope, Love

Colossians 1:5-8

Dear Father, God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,

Thank you for the fruit your Word is bearing throughout the whole world.

Thank you that this gospel, the word of truth, has power to touch human hearts today even as at the beginning. Let its fruit grow among us.

Let all your faithful ministers stir us up to more fruit-bearing. Let us grow in the Holy Spirit.

Give us a deep passion, Lord, to fill our lives with faith, hope, and love.

Give a holy longing for the Holy Spirit to guide everything we do.

In the name of Jesus I ask. Amen.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: