View Single Post
Old 09-04-2013, 11:47 AM   #5
bluidkiti
Administrator

September 5

For the Day's Work

O God, who orders all things in heaven and earth: Help me to go about the tasks and duties of this day with the remembrance that I am your servant therein. Make me honest, painstaking, and cheerful, and grant that all I do and say may bring good to others and glory to your Holy Name; through Jesus Christ, our Lord, Amen.

God of mercy, swift to help: as my lips pour forth your praise, fill my heart with the peace you give to those who wait for your salvation in Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

Thanksgiving

It is a good thing to give thanks unto the Lord, and to sing praises to Your name, O most High. Now thanks be unto You, our God who always leads us to triumph in Christ, and through us infuses (manifests) the fragrance of Your knowledge in every place. Thank You for Your unspeakable gift. You give us the victory, and we give thanks always for all things unto You, our God and Father, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. Amen

Scripture Reading Psalm 92:1 2 Corinthians 2:14 Ephesians 5:20
2 Corinthians 9:15

Dear Lord, slow me down, and let me listen to the language of my heart. Let me sense the quickening of my spirit, and realize that my soul has questions that only You can answer. ... Let me take on fewer tasks so that those I do tackle may be pleasing to You. ... It is not quantity that counts but quality, isn't it? Help me to make my time worth something -- encouraging, caring, helpful, productive, at home with family and loved ones, at work with colleagues and associates, and with others encountered throughout the day. Let me make someone's day brighter because our paths crossed. Help me to reflect Your love and concern, trusting You to give me the words to say, when needed to brighten someone's day. Let me not miss the opportunities that cross my path.

In Jesus' name I pray.

Amen.
© 2000 by D. L. Hammond, Permission to copy granted for noncommercial use.

My Father, may I consider the place in which I stand: and may I not be deceived in thinking I am near thee while I am living far away. Teach me the way to draw nearer to thee each day, until my spirit may continually dwell with thee. Amen.

God our Father, may all of life’s experiences lead us to grow as people who always put love into all that we do. May we live in such a way that our attitude and words and actions reflect to all people their own value, dignity and self-worth, helping people to feel wanted and appreciated for who they are. Amen.

A Model of Good Deeds

Titus 2:1-8

Dear Father, whose word is sound doctrine,

Let me teach by word and example what conforms to the sound doctrine of your word. Help me to be temperate, serious, sensible, sound in faith, in love, and in steadfastness.

Let me show myself in all respects to be a model of good deeds, and in my teaching and example to show integrity, gravity, and sound expression that cannot be criticized, so that any one who opposes your teaching may be put to shame, having nothing evil to say of me.

In the precious name of Jesus. Amen.

“A Prayer For Storing Up God’s Commands”

Father, I want to store up Your Word in my heart that I might not sin against You. It is my Guiding Light so that as I live by faith I will triumph over evil. Help me to rebuke the devil’s temptations with Scripture just as Jesus did during the wilderness temptations. I may be weak, but Your Word is powerful to fight off the temptation to sin and to reassure me that You are with me even when others may forsake me. As a sign of my love for You I will obey Your commands and heed Your instruction. I can do this because I have stored up Your truths and commands in my heart and because Christ gives me strength. Amen.

Dear Lord, sometimes I feel as if no one cares. I feel alone and lost, and then I look up and feel your spirit with me.

Dear heavenly Father, thank you for all of the wonderful things You have done for me. I do appreciate Your wisdom, Your love, Your provision and Your watch-care over my life and my family. I am grateful that no weapon formed against me prospers. Lord, I humble myself before You and ask You to help me to walk in Your ways and not yield to the temptations that the devil would whisper to me. Lord, I especially resist any of his remarks that would attempt to lift me up in pride. Lord, may You always receive the glory for those things that You are doing in my life and this ministry. May You be glorified in all that I do. I ask this in the name of the Lord, Jesus Christ. Amen.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: