View Single Post
Old 02-08-2014, 10:20 AM   #9
bluidkiti
Administrator

February 9

THE STRONGEST THING ON EARTH

“We can laugh at those who think spirituality the way of weakness.” Alcoholics Anonymous, page 68

“We now have this light shining in our hearts, but we ourselves are like fragile clay jars containing this great treasure. This makes it clear that our great power is from God, not from ourselves.” 2 Corinthians 4:7

For what it's worth: Spirituality was for the cowardly who were afraid of life. I believed this concoction until alcoholism beat me down to a pitiful excuse of a man, forcing me to my first meeting of Alcoholics Anonymous. I learned the danger of old ideas, impelling me to re-examine my prejudices. Moreover, the people there were certainly not fainthearted. They were confident and secure, and they believed in a Higher Power. As I attended more meetings I came to see for myself these people lived strong, happy lives based on solid spiritual principles. They were, at best, human beings with strength from their God, shining lights to me in my darkest time, sharing a spiritual treasure with my empty soul. They taught me this precious gift is stored in the fragile human that I am, but that it is protected by the Spirit of God. Therefore, when I am in His presence and His will, I am the strongest thing on earth.

God bless you.
Joe W.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: